Is this age gap too big?

I am a 19 year old and the guy I like is 24. This year I'll be 20 and he 25.

Basically a 5 year difference.

Do you think its wrong to be together? Or do you think it can work for some people? Please share your opinions and experiences if any. Thanks!

0|0
4|18

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend is seven years older than me (I'm 20 and he 27). Is it wrong? No. Does it work? Well yes, we're together for 3 years. Don't worry that much, if he makes you happy and is a nice guy, everything is fine...

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 18

• It's not a tiny gap but you're both consenting adults.
    When I was 24 I wouldn't have dated a 19 yo but I've always been very picky (a tad too picky)

1|0
    0|0
  • I say no, its ok, bigger issue is maturity. you may be more mature than he is.

1|0
    0|0
  • No not at all Its nothing

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I think it's a normal gap.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope not bad at all

1|0
    0|0
  • nope

1|0
    0|0
  • no, nothing wrong with it

1|0
    0|0
  • My wife and i are 9 years apart. I am nearly 33 and she is 22. I dont think age matters much as compatibility. As long as you are of legal age and so is he i say more power to you.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thats so cute! Thanks :D

• the age gap is ok i think.

1|0
    0|0
  • No.. its a good gap

1|0
    0|0
  • Not a bad age difference at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it will work just fine.

1|0
    0|0
  • i think that age gap is too big in my opinion.

1|0
    0|0
  • That's a normal age difference. I've had triple that age difference and things were fine just depends on the people.

1|0
    0|0
  • this question makes no sense. what are you asking if it would work? the "relationship"? in 6 months- two years max it will be over. didn't you know that? thats no big news. its all a silly game of temporary lust and excitement. except if you are thinking of marriage and longterm stuff... .

1|0
    0|0
  • I think 5 years is ok.

what about 10, as this has been on mind mind recently

0|0
    0|0
  • No that's silly, unless you don't feel mature enough to be in a relationship with him, your probably on his level anyway at that age with him by now

1|1
    0|0
  • No that's totally fine. I've seen a lot bigger gaps than that. Just enjoy each other's company

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• No, that's a perfectly fine age gap. To me personally, a 7 year age gap is what I consider the most. Anything more than that seems just weird. But your age gap is good.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

1|0
    0|0
  • Whatever some people date 20 years apart

1|0
    0|0