Is this age gap too big?

I am a 19 year old and the guy I like is 24. This year I'll be 20 and he 25.

Basically a 5 year difference.

Do you think its wrong to be together? Or do you think it can work for some people? Please share your opinions and experiences if any. Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend is seven years older than me (I'm 20 and he 27). Is it wrong? No. Does it work? Well yes, we're together for 3 years. Don't worry that much, if he makes you happy and is a nice guy, everything is fine...

What Guys Said 18

• It's not a tiny gap but you're both consenting adults.
    When I was 24 I wouldn't have dated a 19 yo but I've always been very picky (a tad too picky)

• I say no, its ok, bigger issue is maturity. you may be more mature than he is.

• No not at all Its nothing

• No, I think it's a normal gap.

• Nope not bad at all

• nope

• no, nothing wrong with it

• My wife and i are 9 years apart. I am nearly 33 and she is 22. I dont think age matters much as compatibility. As long as you are of legal age and so is he i say more power to you.

• Thats so cute! Thanks :D

• the age gap is ok i think.

• No.. its a good gap

• Not a bad age difference at all.

• I think it will work just fine.

• i think that age gap is too big in my opinion.

• That's a normal age difference. I've had triple that age difference and things were fine just depends on the people.

• this question makes no sense. what are you asking if it would work? the "relationship"? in 6 months- two years max it will be over. didn't you know that? thats no big news. its all a silly game of temporary lust and excitement. except if you are thinking of marriage and longterm stuff... .

• I think 5 years is ok.

what about 10, as this has been on mind mind recently

• No that's silly, unless you don't feel mature enough to be in a relationship with him, your probably on his level anyway at that age with him by now

• No that's totally fine. I've seen a lot bigger gaps than that. Just enjoy each other's company

What Girls Said 3

• No, that's a perfectly fine age gap. To me personally, a 7 year age gap is what I consider the most. Anything more than that seems just weird. But your age gap is good.

• Nope.

• Whatever some people date 20 years apart