Do we instinctively know if someone is out of our league in dating?

This dating expert online had stated on their site:

"I think the most important skill a single person can hone is identifying their league. My personal belief is that, as time goes on, we develop an inherent sense of our league by determining the difficulty involved with getting specific people to commit to us. As I’ve said before: what we can pull for a casual hook-up situation is NOT indicative of what we can pull for a relationship. I used to think that we could gauge our league by looking at who contacts us online, but I don’t think that’s’ accurate anymore. Between guys lowering their standards to get laid and men who contact everybody just to see who responds, that little data point is badly skewed."

Do you agree with this? What do you think determines a so-called 'league', and what makes someone above someone else in that respect?

(The site:http://andthatswhyyouresingle.com/2016/01/07/how-do-you-know-if-someone-is-out-of-your-league/)

Most Helpful Guy

• No I don't agree with you having to identify which league you're in and whom you're capable of maintaining a relationship. I think what everyone strives for is finding someone who makes you feel like you're lucky to have them. AKA: "Oh he's such an amazing person with so many options and he chose me" or "Oh she's so beautiful and all the guys are after her and she's with me, I'm so lucky." So I disagree with this dating coach. Especially guys, I find, have difficulties realizing that they are enough if they just display their qualities etc.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 2

• I'm out of someones league (as in I won't date them) if they believe in leagues lets put it at that...

• There's no such thing as a 'league.' You're instead just psyching yourself out.

What Girls Said 0