Boyfriend calls my cat cutesy nicknames but all he calls me is babe?

My boyfriend of 3 years calls my cat shnockums, and baby girl and some other nicknames but all he calls me is babe. He also calls his best friend gorgeous. I have explained to him how I don't appreciate that one and that he wouldn't like it if I called my guy best friend handsome but he ignores me saying she has been in his life forever and that is just what he calls her. I mean I know he isn't screwing her. She lives in another state it just bothers me. With the cat I asked why he calls her all those cutesy names and me just babe and he just says I am ridiculous. I feel nicknames/pet names are terms of endearment. I feellike he doesn't really give a shit about me but cares a lot for my cat and his best friend when he does these things. Am I wrong or what?

What Guys Said 1

• You are seriously getting jealous at the attention your boyfriend gives your cat? Seriously? We're going there?

What Girls Said 1

• You have a right to be upset or confused. That's odd, truly. Jokingly say, "You should give me a few more nik names... I'm sort of jealous of the cat!" And then tell him how you truly feel! :)