How many dates in should the girl start initiating going out?

I haven't dated much but have always had a traditional mindset when it comes to dating. I don't expect the man to plan or do everything all the time but I've always thought that the man should plan dates, at least for a bit.. through the initial stage.

I went on two dates with a guy and about a couple weeks after our second date he mentioned that he didn't think I liked him because I don't call to "hang out". Which to me seemed odd because in my head, it's only been 2 dates so he is still pursuing me. Also, neither of us wants a casual thing. we both want a serious relationship.

So I'm just wondering if I was wrong to not initiate anything. Is it typical for a girl to ask to go out after just a couple dates?

What Guys Said 1

• Despite what women (on the internet) say it's not typical at all for girls to initiate the dates. Being traditional is still the vast majority of what women want to be at least when it comes to early stages of dating then suddenly they don't want traditional after the early stages are over...

What Girls Said 2

• Whenever you feel comfortable, remember you've got to put effort in or he'll think you're not interested

• As soon as you want :)