Why Don't Guys Ever Show Any Interest in Me?

I've only had 1 guy actually show any interest in me at all, and even then it didn't last long. I'm never able to get a guys attention or even get close to talking to him and texting him. I don't understand. I don't consider myself ugly, I don't consider myself pretty either. I feel I'm a somewhat decent human being, so why do guys never want to talk to me? The only reason I can really think of is because I'm not popular and I'm kinda weird. I don't know. I know I shouldn't worry about guys at my age but it seems like everyone around me is in a relationship and I find it so cute and I want it. No guy ever gives me a chance. Any advice?

Hoping maybe people closer to my age who understand will comment back. Don't just tell me it's cause I'm 14. Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• I know you don't want to hear it but it's the age not only that but people your age girls at your age are just starting to get interested in boys and wanting them to notice you.

While boys aren't really all that interested in girls quite yet, couple that with being more interested in friends, video games, goofing off as well as being more shy at that age.

Also both boys and girls at that age are chemically, emotionally and hormone (ly) unbalanced and unstable. You don't know what you want exactly, were you want to go, your not mature and I don't mean that in a bad way just that people that age aren't mature enough to really understand. How attraction and romance works, nor are you sure how to go about it for the most part.

My advice is don't sweat it and don't try to grow up and get into a relationship at your age, just enjoy childhood for now, be a kid because once your childhood is gone darlin it's gone. You will have plenty of time to be with guys, and most guys are pretty much morons until college or after anyway.

Plus once you actually reach real high school in a couple of years your mind will have matured more and your body matured more into a woman's figure. And guys will be far more interested in girls then they will be in anything else.

So at this stage and age don't sweat it alright? trust me all of that stuff will come in time.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're 14, chill haha
    Seriously, you still have plenty of time!!!

What Guys Said 19

• Well you're cute and remind me of my nieces. I wonder if you smile at guys at all, that's a big plus in attracting guys to you as a smile is one of the prettiest things on a girl. Sometimes it helps to smile and wave at a guy you might like too.

• With all you said you never mentioned the type of personallity you have other than a descent person

• you're young, guys your age aren't much interested in girls yet and the older ones only notice you if you socialize a lot and put yourself out there.

Wait a bit and it will get better as soon as guys your age will be more interested in girls than videogames and sports

• You are 14. Half the boys at 14 aren't even looking at girls. At 16 you won't be able to get them off you.

• First I'd say you're cute
    Second guys at 14 are douche and assholes
    So it's better to stay from them till you find someone genuine :P LOL

• Cause at your age, you still have cooties and/or the boys are still into video games

• Because not everyone your age is making relationship plans

• Boys don't feel that way at that age

• Because us guys are shy. I've even made a whole take on it.

• you look fine to me and im 14.

• give it a few years and you will see

• Because of your age. Your fourteeen

• Okay well at my age right now dating is just for fun and I was asking mainly people my age who might understand me better.

• @14yr/old?

I am interested more in hanging out with my buddies.

• I mean I do. Like almost every weekend. It's not a priority of mine I just was asking questions and stuff.

• Maybe you intimidate them.

• i don't know...

4 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• Probably cause you're only 14. If it Makes you feel better, I'm 20 and guys show no interest. I don't really care though. You shouldn't worry though, there's plenty of time

• You are pretty actually. I dont know why. Are you a cold person? Or your dressing style bad?

• You're only 14 honey, take your time. When they come they will come. Plus you look bomb af' I'm sure someone's already looking your way but you just don't see it.