White women - have you ever felt that guys were after you for your skin color?

as opposed to wanting you for who you were?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see how white women wouldn't know that... right? But then, I think white people have a different perception of race and reality a lot of times.

I'm black, and even I know that white women are the standard for beauty in our world. And in a lot of places where the men are not white, they LOVE white women. (and white guys love them too, of course) A lot of white women do know this though. I remember when I was 16 I did a homestay program in Costa Rica and one of my friends was a white girl. She looked pretty average to me, but she was slim, white, and blonde. She would always say she had to be careful because all the guys wanted blonde girls which was flattering to her but could also get her in trouble in the right situation. She wasn't wrong, but I still gave her the side eye because it seemed to be a bit of a boast as well. I think they know when they're honest with themselves. She knew back then and we were just kids.

If you uplift any specific feature as beautiful, and whiteness is portrayed that way, of course there will be people who are after you for that. It's not just "skin color" though. There are different common features and even ideas about what white women are, compared to other women.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 8

• Um... no. I have many beautiful friends of different ethnicities and I am usually the last one that gets flirted with or asked out on our nights out together. Beauty and aesthetics have zero to do with skin color if you ask me.

• Never felt that way. My boyfriend says he prefers a pale skin like mine, but it's not like he's only dating me for my skin.

• Yes definitely & it kinda creeped me out

• Thats just sad

• Nope

• Black me do seem to like me but I always thought that had more to do with my T&A.

• Actually, yes.

• I don't think guys care about skin color all the want is to have sex.

What Guys Said 2

• Look, no matter what country you visist usually white women stand out and they have a reputation for being... easy, so you understand why men try to get them, if she's hot and easy then what can i ask for more?

• If they don't notice that, They are really freaking stupid.