Girls, would you date a guy who doesn't drive?

Would you date someone who doesn't have a car and doesn't drive at all, or is that a deal breaker?

• I would still date them.
    63% (39)3% (1)44% (40)Vote
  • I would not date them.
    27% (17)7% (2)21% (19)Vote
  • Other (explain).
    10% (6)0% (0)7% (6)Vote
  • Results/I'm a guy
    0% (0)90% (26)28% (26)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
bump
bump 2

0|0
26|6

Most Helpful Girl

• I would date him. I don't drive either, so I would be stupid if I rejected him because of that.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I would date a girl who knows how to drive or doesn't, i will teach her if she doesn't :)

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 25

• Depends. Is it because he can't or because he chooses not to? I know people who live in the city who have no reason to have a car. That's different than losing driving priviledges because of a DUI or something... or because they never learned or are an illegal alien who can't get a DL.

I love road trips and camping... so if a guy couldn't drive, it would be a huge deal breaker. It's part of being an adult. If he's not an adult who can do adult things, then he's not worth my time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well guys my age can't drive anyway haha but when I'm older, it won't really make much of an impact on who I date. I think it might be inconvenient at times, but if I like him, it doesn't matter if he can drive or not.

1|0
    0|0
  • It is pretty annoying if someone doesn't have a car so they expect everyone to give them rides all the time. But if someone doesn't have a car and gets themselves around by subway, bus, Uber or whatever, then it's not a problem. If you live near a subway and can take that to work, then having a car is kind of a waste of money.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I don't particularly care.

0|0
    0|0
  • sure. i actually enjoy driving anyway (esp. stick shift), but it would be an inconvenience at some times if I needed them to go somewhere and they didn't have a car or were unable to drive it.

0|0
    0|0
    • I feel like I should add that I don't have my license yet lmao but when we go to the mountains for the summer my dad lets me drive, since there aren't many other cars/pedestrians on the roads there

0|0
    0|0
  • 1 how old is he?
    2 does he have his license and no car or no license?
    3 why can't he drive?

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol just say you won't date a guy who doesn't drive. Haha.

• @MyUsernameRules i mean, i know some people who can't drive because they've lived in the city their whole life and just didn't have a need to learn how to drive. i've never dated any of them but not because they don't drive lol

• When you live in the city, there's really no reason to drive. I don't like to drive (though I can) because parking is always a nightmare.

0|0
    0|0
  • I currently am dating someone who can't drive. I can't either.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh DRIVE I THOUGHT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT DIVE AS IN Sea or water diving. Man my head was like ' o. o? nani? '

• I actually turned down a guy who offered to drive me to the movie theaters for a date. I wasn't really that into him and I kept telling him we should just meet up at the theater LOL. "How about you drive there and I'll just take the train?"

0|0
    0|0
  • and not willing to?
    why wouldn t he?
    nah he should know how to drive, it s one of the basic knowledge to have and makes you independent.
    heck, I start driving since I was 14 in a driving school to beat the guys in my school.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course, its not a huge problem after all.

0|0
    0|0
  • my boyfriend can't drive and its fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would still date them, I myself don't drive nor have a car but I'm working on it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, that seems stupid.

0|0
    0|0
  • Vote B: Never!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I would.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah, i would

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah sure as long as he has a job I'm fine with it, because I don't have a car either

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd still date the guy. I don't mind too much, I'll drive him around

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't be a fan of it but it wouldn't be a deal breaker

0|0
    0|0
  • Won't or can't

0|0
    0|0
  • Around here if you don't drive there is no public transportation.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. That's lame as hell. Like really. It depends on age though but since i mostly date guys within the 18-24 range they should be able to know how to drive and have a nice car. It's really not that hard and yes i drive too i have my own car. i expect my guy to drive me places because that is basic respect Or else bye bye

0|0
    0|0

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5