Why would a guy tell you he's into you, then ask someone else out?

We had been friends for about two years and developed feelings for each other (he told our friends he was really into me/ it was obvious). He always got too nervous around me especially when it was just the two of us, really seemed like we were both getting more comfortable like this was going somewhere and then abruptly his Facebook relationship status changed, he got a girlfriend they had just met at a bar two weeks ago...

We share mutal friends (who are on my side) but the point; Why would he do that out of nowhere, what motive could someone have to go out one night and scrape the ugliest thing off a bar floor with no care in the world?

What Guys Said 2

• That's definitely not a right behavior from a guy's perspective. However a guy would do that if he is indecisive and is also keeping his options open.

• he smart to talk to many girls at once

What Girls Said 1

• Because you can find more than one person attractive at a time.
    If you're not mutually exclusive, he can ask out who ever he wants.

• no shit, really didn't need to lead me on just to screw me over