Girls, has an overweight guy any chance dating you?

I'm overweight since I can remember, I'm working on 'fix it', but it will take some more time. Few months ago I was dating the first girl ever. It gave me a gigantic self-confidence boost. Sadly there was no happy end, but it made me wonder if she was a 'unicorn' or are there more girls out there who could like a guy regardless weight.
Or should I wait until I lost more weight?

push

10

Most Helpful Girl

• overweight, sure.
    obese, probably not.

• I was really obese, few pounds left until I'm bmi based 'just' overweight.

I mean I know it doesn't look good, thats why I change it.

• Yeah, it feels really good to get rid of this feeling being 'strange' and 'unwanted', and physically being able to do things that were impossible.
      I hope to lose enought till summer to have the courage to go swimming. I loved swimming when I were young, but haven't done it since puberty.

• i agree.
      I'm sure with a strong will you'll get there. i hope you get to get back in there this summer :)

What Girls Said 9

• Hey i dont really care about weight i care about personality but is losing weight helps your confidence do it but let me warn you its harder for toned men to find a faithful girl because some girls just like you for your body but most of us aren't like that

• I'm not planing to turn into a Schwarzenegger :-P
      I just wanna get into the normal range, so that my chance of finding a girl improves to a normal amount.
      As I'm an emotional Person, the last thing I want is a girl that just likes me for my body, but I think it's not a bad thing if she likes how I look.

Personality wise, there must be somthing at me that gorls like, cause there was a girl heavily flirting with me while my heaviest time (and she wasn't a 'chubby chaser'). And when I speak to girls, often a good conversation results (I'm just to shy to turn it into a flirt).

• I wonder the same about myself.

• I don't mind a guy with some chub. I have some myself. But I can't with someone who just doesn't care at all about their health tho.

• Depends on how overweight. If he's a bit chubby and has a nice face then yeah. Actually I'm just attracted to nice faces and good personality. That's it. As long as you're not too fat or too skinny or too anything I'm ok with.

• Ehh not really. I'm just not attracted to that type of body. But I'm positive there are some girls who don't mind them Teddy Bears 🐻 Props to you for working on losing weight though, takes a lot of patience and effort.

• Thanks for being honest. :-)
      Yeah its hard work, but evry pound I loose makes me happier.
      And hopefully I get my payslip for all my hard work some day.

• Good luck man.

• Yes. It never bothered me. Skinny guys are more unattractive to me than overweight ones.

• Probably not.

• If you actually start caring about how you look, and about your health yeah. Otherwise no.

• I'm doing workout almost every day. Cardio for loosing weight, and doing excersises to build up muscles. I changed my diet completely and count calories to reduce my input. I lose about 10pounds a month. So I really changed :-)

But how would you know if we met?

• Yeahhh sure

• That's nice to hear

• Well considering that I'm in the same situation... overweight, but working sooo hard to fix it, and it will take at least another year to reach my goal. I'd say yes, if you try to change yourself for the better :) Good job and good luck!!

• Thanks, yeah it's a hard way, but we both will master it.
      Good luck for you too! :-)