My Feminist Mom wants me to date a black woman?

So I'm half- white and half-black. My feminist white mom thinks having a racial preference is racist, sexist, extremely shallow and inconsiderate. She also thinks most black women are single because our media has a European standard of beauty and brainwashing us to think black women aren't beautiful. She thinks I like white women cuz I have been brainwashed into liking them and I do have control over who I'm attracted to. How can I convince her that racial preference is a thing?

Most Helpful Girl

• Who is she to judge? She fucked a someone of a different race to make you.

You can't change her views, but tell her "brainwashed or not as long as she is a lovely person and I'm happy the fact she is white shouldn't matter to you. You cannot tell me who to date, I'm old enough and mature enough to date who I want without your permission"

Also the problem isn't that she is a feminist, it's the fact that she is ignorant.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well it doesn't sound like your gonna convince her to be honest, I'd just be like I'll date whoever is best for me don't say anything about saying you prefer one race cos she's just gonna instantly think racist. Just don't think about it and if you end up dating a white girl just say it wasn't because of racial preference.

What Girls Said 1

• Your mom likes black men, therefore wants you to date black women. Just ignore your mother about this and date who you choose. She'll eventually get over it.

What Guys Said 4

• Date whoever the hell you want. Racial preferences are NOT racist. You tell your mother it's not up to her who you should date, and she needs to accept it whether she likes it or not.

• So your white mother settles with a black man, but she doesn't want you to date a white woman. Oh, the irony... 😂

Time to move out, mate!

• Also, when are feminists not ironic? Because unfortunately, it's a million dollar question to ask how to convince a feminist they are wrong.

• Racial fetish. And it is a thing, a lot of times times a very sad, pathetic one.

• Date whoever you like... Black, white... Where's the difference?