Who do you think does more of the chasing - men or women?

And also.. do you expect to be chased? Do you go for the person who puts more energy into chasing you than others?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't expect to be chased but I expect a guy to make an effort and display signs of interest. I think both men and women should put an equal amount of effort in to pursue one another. I'd stop making an effort and lose interest if he didn't make an obvious effort with me.

• LMFAO you expect the guy to make an effort? Then I guess you expect
      the guy to want sex then?

• @Victorianne let's make efforts;)

• Thanks for the MHO

What Girls Said 14

• For me personally, it started out being men/women. Then it seemed like dudes got more timid. I find that the only dudes (asides from my current lover) who pursue now are looking for casual hookups. I feel the expectation is still more so on men to chase, but women are having to do much more of it than they have been used to.

• I think men do the most chasing in the beginning stage... while the girl either have no interest, plays hard to get or be flattered by all the attention he gives her. If he starts loosing interest and she's falling for him then she does the most chasing. (thankfully this is not always the case)

I don't expect to be chased but you gotta show me that you're a great guy. Flirting & paying for dates isn't enough.

I don't go for the person who who is chasing me more. I go for the person I have a better connection with. Also, I go for the person who treats me better & have admirable things going on for himself.

• Hmm I don't chase unless I know for sure!

• a1. Men x 1000000000000000

a2. I do purely because this is what I have always been used to and now won't change.

a3. I respond positively only to people (I'm bi) that I am MUTUALLY physically attracted to. Tbh, too much effort, totally turns me off.

• Women. It's like we have to do everything ourselves even initiate flirting.

• Women don't chase men do women reject men not ask them out. I seriously
      hope you were trolling.

• @Touglyforfemales

Not a wink but coming up talking, smiling, open posture. If a woman really came up and told a guy he's cute and she likes him most likely he'll think she's crazy and laugh it off. So that's why we don't do that.

• I would laugh only because women ignore and find me ugly. I'm sure
      women do the same thing if a guy went up to them and told her she
      was cute not only that but she'd probably pepper spry him and have
      him arrested for sexual harassment.

• I think it should be mutual. Why should just one person be making all the effort? I say if you like someone, tell them and show them. If you like them back say so! No need for all the "chasing" and the wondering.

• Tbh I never chased a man, they all did. And I don't think I will because I'm really shy when it comes to this.

• Men have and should.

• Men do

• Men do more and I prefer to be chased - it just makes you feel so wanted and valued

• Definitely changes from person to person.. so hard to say

• Men i think.. cus i never did any chasing.. mainly cus i am very very shy..

• I guess men more so, but that's not saying some women don't chase. I don't like to chase or be chased, but obviously something has to be done. If I like the guy, then I'll ask him out. No bs mind games, just "Hi, I like you. Want to hang out some time?" A guy can do the same to me, or at least they have in the past and it works for me.

• Women

What Guys Said 12

• I don't like being chased but I do expect a woman to make an effort and to show interest. I always set an intention to pursue a woman so she knows where she stands and doesn't have to guess if I like her or not. The effort should be about equal, most women don't feel safe unless a guy makes an effort toward a relationship, he has to invest in her and she should in him to a common goal of mutual commitment. I usually make a concerted effort however some women do not and expect to be taken care of without making any effort. Those women often find themselves alone, attracting undesirables and worse yet, settle for a guy they don't find attractive just to say they are in a relationship.

• Men, obviously. I'm very surprised that anyone would say otherwise. Traditional protocol is the woman chills out, looks pretty to attract guys: then the guys chase. That is vastly the norm. I don't expect to be chased. Like, ever. It's happened before, but very mildly.

• Men definitely do my chasing, Omfg it's exhausting at times too. Butttt, women do tons of work initially to position themselves to be approached, etc.

• Ugly and average guys chase after average and hot girls
    Ugly, average, and occasionally hot girls chase after hot guys
    Hot guys don't chase anyone.

• Men. Women don't like chasing... most of them. They expect and want guys to chase them, which is understandable since women love attention.

• Men have to do the chase it seems, but women tend to use Jedi mind tricks and all sorts of things to try to persuade a guy to like them. It's rather stupid that guys have to do that actual initiation usually

• men do the initial chasing... women do the final hope n pleading

• Before relationship - men. In relationship - Women

• Men obviously lol unless your really good looking then its the other way around

• Yes i've been chased few times not gonna lie and even when iam doing the chasing the girl almost always shows strong signs of interest first and spends a while doing so before i act.

• men I hardly see women chase men

• Men cause we all know don't do shit cause they can't be rejected
    or embarrassed if they get turned down.

• @Victorianne you are one stupid cunt. I quote you and you get all pissed
      cause I said a guy should expect sex because you expect the guy to make
      an effort?

• The styles are generally different. Women fish and men hunt.