Guys, do you find it intimidating when a girl asks you out?

This happened a few months back. I was hopelessly crushing on this one guy and he seemed to like me. He often asked his friends about whether they found me pretty or not. He was a good friend. He was overall very nice to me too. I always showed how much I cared for him through small gestures like... Getting him a bottle of coke because he was thirsty and stuff. So... Yea I asked him out 3 times. He kept beating around the bushes. Never answered. In the end I told him he hurt me. And then he asked me out but never confirmed whether he was actually taking me out or not. I was always very straight forward with my feelings for him and I hated playing around so.. I asked him directly one day whether he would like to go out with me or not. And he said no. He had a good reason. He was leaving the country and all and he didn't think long distance would work. He told his friends he liked me. But I dont know why he never told me that himself... Anyhoo. Do you guys feel intimidated when girls get all frank and straight with you about such matters?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• I like frank and up front, sometimes indirect is fun too.

So no I'm not intimidated. but I'm not 17. when I was 17 I may have been, but I would have accepted. He seems confused or maybe he is just over thinking it because he's leaving.

What Guys Said 23

• Not at all. Men like women who are sexually or romantically assertive. In the words of Dr. Barbara De Angelis: "Men like women who like sex."

• Confidence is SEXY and there is no better display of confidence than a girl asking a man out.

I still prefer to do it myself, but I am blown away when they ask me out...

• I actually like when that happens, That is how i met my wife. She asked me out, and i was so shocked it took me a moment to say yes. I prefer when a girl is straight with me. I dont do hints or beating around the bush, and i ignore it on principle, cause that kind of thing to me is an insult to my honesty.

• no i usually get asked out like once a year (by a girl i find attractive) it throws me off a little at first but not because it being a girl asked me out

• Then what throws you off?

• yeah it feels pretty good. i always thought i was ugly and that when girls would hit on me they were joking and teasing me lol.

• I had a girl do this to me. I felt pressured to date her because I didn't want to make her cry. I ended up hurting her more by not rejecting her as she could feel that I didn't like her as much as I enjoyed being her friend.

• I think that's what he felt too... But really.. We weren't awesome buddies... We always had such stuff going on between us. It was either him doing it or me..

• no i´d like it (if i liked her).

• It might be intimidating for some kind of guys or in some situations but I don't think that that was the problem in your scenario

• Never happens, never will

• God no. I find it enthralling if a woman asked me out. Too bad not one ever did. -.-

• No. Upfront is a nice change of pace.

• I'm fine with it. I'd just be pleasantly surprised.

• why? because i'd feel like i'm being predated.

i'm not prey.

• I'd feel flattered, anything but intimidated.

• no because that has never happened to me.

• Never. Nothing wrong with a girl being honest. I think the guy is not as mature as u r that's all. If u like something take it.

• Oh yeah I would hate that sarcasm.

• No I don't, but then again I don't mind asking a girl out either. That guy sounds like he's scares of showing any interest in a girl at all even if it's obvious she likes him.

• It depends on the guy sweety

• no I think its cool

• NO i don't think it is

• I hate the dating world these days

• For me, that's a dream come true if a girl asks me. Even if I'm not interested. It's the ultimate form of flattery since the women really doesn't have to do that. She can just sit and wait, but doing it that way shows decisioness, proactive & assertive. Which can translate to being good in bed :D

• depends on what type of relationship it is, or what people are in the relationship. If the male wants the relation to be traditional he would most likely say no, and if he was in love with you he would ask you out on a later date most likely.