I'm too fat for my boyfriend?

We met online first so we truly ended up falling in love with the personality. Weight is an issue I've had since I was a child. I have already lost 30 kg's but I still have some to lose. My boyfriend has never really hid that he thinks I am chubby but he has been very accepting saying that he loves me and will help me work on it. Still it's hurtful when he goes "I'm not saying you have a perfect body. Because you don't. But I'm trying my best to overlook it" which was a knife to my heart because I know my body is not perfect I know that but I have worked hard to get where I am now and I am just not sure how to cope with the feeling my boyfriend judges me.

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. All people judge. Being in a relationship with that person is definitely not a free pass to not be judged by them. Who ever you date is going to judge you. They may not vocalize it but it's going to happen. So don't focus on whether or not people should or should not be judging you focus on how to live happily despite the judgement of others.
    2. He's a dick for wording things that way. He may be speaking his honest mind but he has poor empathy skills and should definitely work on his tact.

Most Helpful Girl

• Being supportive is one thing. He is not. He's hiding under the guise of being supportive. He's rubbing it in your face that he's basically settling. And you don't need anyone like that.

What Guys Said 13

• He's a fucking dick. Seriously. He isn't even supportive he's being a passive aggressive asshole.

• you're both trying. just keep at it and get over it.

• Just ask him to help you get fit then. It may be awkward at first but sometimes working out can be easier with a partner.

• I met a girl one time she looked good on the Internet but I didn't go meet her as in a relationship. But needless to say meeting her in person changed everything, we didn't even hit it off as friends and that was the last time that I remember that we spoke to each other. So even though she looked and sounded decent personality and looks too can both fail when meeting someone in person.

• Hey at least you managed to get someone it could be worse you
    could be a fat guy cause we all know women don't like or date fat men.
    Also those saying he's a dick or an asshole for telling the truth get over it
    cause I doubt you'd be saying the same thing if the roles were reverse.

• yes.

lose the weight he can't deal with, then leave him. your next boyfriend will be selected from a crop of bachelors that are no longer out of your league.

=)

• He doesn't judge you, he simply is not head over heels for your body. He's is with you nonetheless, this is much much more than you can expect from any other man.

• No one has to settle for me. If you're not attracted to me or don't 100% want to be with me I'm not making you. I have worked so hard so far and I never get any credit. He himself is super skinny but I'd never ever in million years tell him he's not good enough unless he builds muscle. Because I simply don't care I love that guy. So it kinda gets to me that's something he focuses on.

• Obviously you do think that he's too skinny and does not have a perfect body. You have simply found a way to look over it. Well, so has he about your weight.

Plus, being 100% into a person is simply B. S., it never happens. It's nothing but a fairy tale. Everyone settles for something when they decide to get into a serious relationship. It's not a bad thing.

• Facts are facts he is skinny I am chubby. The difference? It has never bothered me and never will. All I'm saying.

• Sounds to me like you could do better and he does not deserve you!

• If you are too " fat "

You could

Lose a lot of weight to tell him to fuck off

Or tell him that it's his problem

Big girls rock

Either way dump him

• FYI no one's body if perfect. Weight loss is a journey stick with it. That is all he can ask for.

• At least it's good that he don't care about it 😶

• He was honest.

• Do couples fitness and enjoy.

What Girls Said 8

• If I were you, I would ask him to keep those remarks to himself. He should bring you up, not make you feel self conscious even if he wants to see you lose the weight.

• He's the only extra weight you should be dropping because he sounds like an asshole. If he didn't like you as you are he shouldn't have given you false hope. He's a coward.
    If you want to lose weight do it for yourself, which is really the only reason you should have to lose weight. Don't do it for acceptance. Sometimes people will reject you even after you lost the weight.

• Well he's rude.

• You don't! I'd cuss him out right than and there! Breaking up time!

• If he didn't want me fat than he should have never got with me! Cuss guess what son of B I am fat. Yes I am (:

• He sounds like a dick.
    Well done for working on your body, losing 30 kgs :o Sounds like you need someone who is more supportive. Because that sounds like great progress, and you don't need someone being rude to you

• dump his ass. he is not accepting nor supporting of your weight. if he was truly accepting, he would never bring it up. if he was truly supportive, he would motivate you in a positive way not a negative way like he does

• Your boyfriend is a complete asshole and you have poor self-esteem that why you tolerate his jerkish behavior. Dump him.

• Imagine if a woman told a man She is trying to over look his height, dick size, face... etc would it not upset him? He should try to over look it but have already over looked it. Seems like he is settling , gun you can do better. Loose the weight for you, but leave him first he is sticking around for the benefits... smh