I feel really bad for rejecting him?

So this guy told me a few days ago that he has to tell me something and today I kept asking what does he need to tell me. He didn't want at first but in the end he told me that he likes me a lot. I knew this. I rejected him, I told him that I want to stay friends, just like now. He reacted ok, but he was really hurt. He's such a great guy and he likes me a lot. Since when we begun to hang out I tried my best to make myself to like him, but I just can't see him more than a friend, so rejecting was the best decision for me and also for him. I can't fake something I don't feel. I felt so bad rejecting him, I almost started to cry and right now I feel miserable, terrible. I didn't want to hurt him at all, he doesn't deserves this. And I would love to stay friends. Did I do the right decision? How to proceed next to keep him as a friend? Thank you xx

And also I don't want him to say bad things about me to our friends... He's not that type, but some of our mutual friends wanted to bring us together and now that I rejected him.. it's weird... Will our next group hangouts be awkward?

Most Helpful Guy

• You did the only thing you could. Pretending you liked him would have been much more hurtful in the long run.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's alright. You cannot force yourself to have feelings for him. Rejection is a part of life.
    As for keeping him as a friend, allow him to spend some time on his own in order to heal.

What Guys Said 2

• He isn't going to want to be your friend. As seeing you with another guy would only make him feel inferior. Best to leave him alone if he really did try to confess he loved you.

• let him have some time to himself for a while. Good news is, he will get over you and move on to the next girl. Once he has gotten over you, your friendship will resume.

What Girls Said 0