Is my boyfriend over reacting?

My big brothers friend has known me since I was basically a toddler, I look at him as another brother. He's in the navy and was home for the weekend so he was at mine before him and my brother went for a night out. Me and my boyfriend came down to the living room and I gave my brothers friend a hug etc as I was happy to see him and we spoke for a bit. He was chatting away with my boyfriend and everything was fine till he pinned me to the floor and started tickling me silly. Then later on my boyfriend fell out with me because he thinks I'm "too close" with my brothers friend. I tried explaining that we've known each other for years and he sees me as more of a sister than a friend and that was it. I was used to seeing him several times a week when he came to see my brother before he went to the navy and I hadn't seen him in 4 months so of course I was happy to see him. Is my boyfriend over reacting?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes he is over reacting like a petty little kid

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Not exactly.. I understand the close relationship you have with your brother's friend, but you are in a relationship now and he basically had to watch some other guy on top of his girlfriend.. can you see how that's uncomfortable even if he was cool with the dude? I think no matter how close you are with people there are still certain physical boundaries that have to be maintained once you're in a relationship. Your boyfriend does have to respect the closeness you have with your brother's friend, but you also have to respect how he feels when he sees you in that position.