Is it okay for a 16 year old to date a 20 year old?

is it okay for a 16 year old to date a 20 year old?
Since it is only four years, there is this guy in my church that really likes me but he is 20, is that okay or is it weird, he is in college while i am still in high school

Most Helpful Guy

• 4 years them-self is not a big deal. However 16 to 20. I know that sounds weird. 20-24 nothing, 30-34, nothing, 16-20 big deal. I know it is hard to hear, when you are 16 you feel like an adult and this is how you are. But it isn't, the VAST difference between highschool and out of highschool is crazy. There is nothing wrong with liking a 20 year old as a 16 year old, hell id say its super common. However for a 20 year old to want to date a 16 year old, something is wrong.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't let my 16 year old date a 20 year old man. Moreover you're way under the age of consent in your area so you're WAY too young for him

What Guys Said 6

• Age gap is just fine and I think you can date but you should be careful not to indulge in having sex with him, as you are not an adult yet.

• give it 3 more years

• Its not gonna work.. he's going to legally an adult in every country and you can't get into a nightclub where you live. Lol

• I'd say yeah it's probably not gonna last but I don't see a problem.

• why wouldn't it last

• Just at different stages in life and he's in college while our in high school I've seen it in real life and it didn't work.

• No. That's not ok.

• Yes and no. Age range is fine but being ur 16 isn't legal

What Girls Said 2