Is it just me or are girls more sentimental than guys?

Ever since we've been together I always have pictures of us and him in my phone, I have every picture from the first one we took together till the last one we took together under a 4 year period. My SO use to have pictures of us and me in his phone but I recently looked through his pictures and he's deleted all pictures of us and me and has like no pictures on his phone. Are girls just more sentimental about stuff than guys? Like I don't understand, you'd think you'd want some type of picture in your phone of your SO...

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't see the point in being sedimental to things. It's just an object or a picture. Pictures are meant to show others and I could care less what others think. I'd be even worse than your boyfriend, I wouldn't even take a picture on my own phone. My phone is just purely for communication and Web browsing. Take some advice from me on this one, don't worry about him not being sedimental and don't force it on him as that will be a pointless battle to fight. Just let him be in that aspect otherwise I guarantee you will drive him away slowly with little selfish bitching.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a great question, and I've wondered this too. I can't speak for guys, but I can speak of guys. My old crush is logical and reserved, probably would find romantic photography utterly useless, but he albeit inwardly falls apart at genuine compliments. My guy friend is the toughest guy you'd ever meet and was raised to be strong but he has this thing about gifts. He kept every non-edible gift I ever got him over the last 7 years, even the somewhat disposable parts, and cried over my gift his last birthday. My Dad is very traditional and believes men should not be sensitive, yet he has this thing about art. He has a soft spot for poetry and songs, will get moved to tears. My point is, men and women may show it differently, but they also feel it differently. Men have a tender spot just like women do but it won't be in the same place and you might never even get to see where it is. The key is not to compare their behavior to something they will never be, but to communicate and find who they are as an individual.

What Guys Said 16

• I'm actually very sentimental, and yes girls usually are more so, I like showing a girl off, it's a way to talk positively behind her back.

• Usually girls are more sentimental...
    And phone is not memory...
    Phone is a gadget use to connect... Don't judge him by what he keeps in there.. And plus we need empty space in phone you never know what you would need to collect in your device...
    Maybe he deleted those pic because he had to transfer important data and didn't had sufficient space..

• I always delete pictures and store them somewhere else. Don't want the phone to clog up. I only leave behind the very best.

• Yes, girls are more sentimental then guys.

• yes you are, but why did he delete everything.. that's not good unless he reset his phone. ummm.

• Girls tend to be more sentimental yes, but guys can be as well. Pictures aren't always the sentiment of choice. It might be momentos

• No I keep pictures around and on my phone so it's not all guys but I'm surprised he doesn't have any of you on his phone now

• If he's not aloud to date the picturescould be in a hidden file. Also it might just be me and my relationship but I like taking pictures with my SO more than she does. I love looking at how happy we look together and how we're close to each other when we take the picture

• Oops, just realised you're over 18 and he's more than likely aloud to date 😂😂😂 still could be safe to check in hidden files

• Maybe he has stored them on a flash drive or something. Unless I absolutely don't want someone in my life, I won't delete the pictures. Pictures are memories !

• As a guy, typically yes, unless they're a hopeless romantic in that case they are very sentimental at the same or more than most girls.

• well, yes some girls are sentimental than boys

• Guys and girls show there affections in difrent ways :-)

• not even close. just more inept to control their emotions and more allowed by society to express them... .

• Depends which guy. I am more sensitive than some but generally speaking women are more sentimental and remember anniversaries and stuff more.

• Nope. Both are equally sentimental but when it comes to making decisions guys seem to lean towards logic. Also, guys are less likely to show their sentiments.

• welll duhhhh that's obvious

What Girls Said 9

• well there is probably more sentimental and romantic women than men, but I have met both ends of the male spectrum.
    Guys who are completely obvlivious to romance and have no clue at all, to extremely romantic guys who remember every little detail of first dates and other relationship milestones...
    my Ex was somewhere in the middle. My current boyfriend is the very romantic type.
    Everyone is different. There are also rather non-sentimental women out there as well. I used to be one of them lol.

• No its just how we are raised!

• No i dont like to keep them on my phone.. Kind of tech paranoid so if i really want it ill either print the small pictures and hide them in books or just download em on a flashdrive

• I think that's absolutely the case I love taking pics of us and posting them and remembering and being open but my boyfriend isn't very much like that at all

• Not all girls are sentimental an emotional.. Not all guys are emotionless... some are more than girls depending on their temperent and enviroment they grew on including their personality

• They show it in different ways

• girls are more sentimental

• Guys are assholes

• I don't think its about being sentimental, I would think he is hiding something, maybe afraid of someone finding out about your relationship... Don't know, just an opinion