What would you say to a guy giving up dating at 24?

I have been on numerous dating sites okcupid, pof match. com, and eharmony most women just ignore my messages and the ones that do respond aren't ideal situations for example I got a message the other day from a single mother of two. She lives 70 miles away and I don't drive, I'm also in school I'm far from settling down and becoming a dad

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, men's chances get better with age, like late 20s early 30s. So if you give up now, it's like leaving a movie early because you're impatient of the long previews.

You'll only get as far as you try. And I don't know, I've never tried online dating, so I can't say if it's good or not. But I mainly hear bad things, like creepers and crazies and desperate p

• .. people.

Of course not all are like this, but many are. And I'm not in the mood to wade through mud to find a gem.

So, I'd say don't give up, maybe just not focus so much on it. I haven't given up fully yet, I just put it "on hold".
      In the end, it's your decision so you do you booboo.

What Girls Said 11

• I will say to you that waiting for love is a waste of time. Waiting is a waste of time. When you wait, you stop your life and your activities because you're so anxious and determined to receive x thing. It seems to me that many times when people are waiting for a certain person, object, or opportunity, they miss many other shots in life for things that were way better. tl:dr don't wait, live life for the moment and become aware of the possibilities arising next to you. Don't give up on dating, change your method.

• 1) Don't give up. You're in school and also in your prime am I right? If the dating sites aren't working, I suggest you delete every single one, but that is up to you. 2) Patience, be patient. I'm not saying you have to stop looking. By all means look high and low for that one perfect girl, but don't make it your top priority. I'd say you focus on finishing school and getting your license (if this may be the case as to why you don't drive and usually the most common) to make the time go by faster as you take a break from your search. That special someone usually comes to you out of nowhere when you are least expecting it opposed to when you're constantly on the search. I've seen it happen, it could happen to you too.

• haha! I never been on a dating site and I don't think I'll ever be! corn? lol Never heard of that. Secondly relationships are worth it!

• That he's giving up pretty easily, but I can't make someone want to try. I have no pity for such people because they're a dime a dozen. No one is owed a relationship. You're not going to meet someone by sitting alone at home and moping.

• Nothing. That's your decision.

• Do what ever makes you happy. If stopping trying to date does that then go for it. You can always decide to pick it back up at 25 or 26. If you decide your done then that's fine. If you don't want to stop then you are only hurting yourself though. Just do you. In my opinion high risk equals high reward. It only takes one quality woman and one yes... the more crap you go through, the more obstacles the more you appreciate the good when it comes around.

• That is your choice but don't complain about being lonely.

• I wouldn't say much. I gave up at 25.

• I wouldn't say anything to him, that's his choice.

• I've kinda given up dating too, and I'm younger than you, but I know it isn't something definite, I just need to figure out my life and what I want first

• Why don't you try meeting people in person instead of dating sites? Perhaps at work, or at school? Don't give up, you're only 24. There are people like 55, perhaps older, that still date lol So hang in there!

What Guys Said 16

• Ok, so what's wrong with giving up at 24? It's your decision, I am sure you have your reasons for that.

However what is good is you have tried at least.

• Too early. It's obvious you wanna be with a woman, the proof is the amount of dating sites you've tried.
    It's your life so I don't care what you do with it, but I think it's too early to give up.

• Why not work on whatever you think is stopping you? Learn some game, lift weights, dress better, do more cool shit etc. There's a movement called MGTOW where guys say they've sworn off women and that they're happier for it, but they all sound miserable as fuck. You can pretend or kid yourself into believing it but you know it's not the truth. Work on yourself.

• Online dating isn't real dating.

• Just do your thing.
    There's this HongKonger proverb "Good fortune does not come to those who relies on brute force".
    You're 24, if romance is gonna happen , it's gonna happen , if not , well tough titty , there are plenty of other things to do.

• You're well ahead of the curve, my man. Good on you.

Unless that bums you out. Then keep trying, don't give up on twue wuv, etc etc.

• that your heartbreaks are 90% YOUR responsibility. even IF you were involved at some point with a real fd up woman, YOU are the one who lacked discretion and chose her. no mercy for the stupid... .

• If i was his friend, i would ask to see his profile and offer help

• I gave up at 19 and I've been going at it 7 years strong. Just find other things that are fulfilling in life.

• I don't get the point of "dating" in the first place...

It seems pointless except to have sex and make babies...

What is there to even talk about?

• I'd say, excellent choice. Focus more on your career. When you follow the money, pussy follows you.

• Giving up completely? If you want to. I want to live life, it exists for that purpose.

• he's a loser.

• I would say yes foolish since late 20s are easier than early 20s for men.

• FUck women, they are all screwed up. Best advice, study damn hard and get a solid education, don't waste your time on women. please get a college degree and never stop studying.

• Travel the world and find love that way