If he invited me to dinner, do you think he will pay?

So this guy i met on an online dating site lol, want to meet me tonight for dinner... will he pay or should I bring money?

Most Helpful Guy

• There's a good chance he will, but be ready to pay for yourself, he might not.

If it's a place that's too expensive for you, say so, and if he says 'don't worry about it', then don't worry about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Always take your own money just in case!

What Guys Said 19

• If he asked you out, he probably will. Play it safe and go prepared though.

• Bring money and when it comes to it, reach for the bill (if put on the table) slowly as he sees you. If he is a gentleman he will insist you giving it to him and wants to pay. If not and he lets you pay the whole thing don't see him again... If he says: what about splitting it? Then just agree and no hard feelings he didn't pay it all. It was only your first date after all.
    Now if the bill is given to the man, as in some places, ask him how much it was. If he says it's fine he can pay it, just smile and tell him you had a great time or something, be happy and show it. If he tells you the price ask him if he wants to split.
    Bring money for the worst case senario lol but I hope it goes well. Have fun and good luck!

• If he has invited you then he will surely pay for that also

• I think he should but to be safe bring some money

• Um you should always bring money. It's kinda rude to just expect him to pay and not show up with money. It doesn't even leave him an option.

• you should always bring money.

if you can't afford it (which your question implies you can't) , speak up sooner than later.

• You should bring your money and pay your own share, especially if this is a first date.

Though always be sure to ask him first.

• you should always bring money just incase.

• I mean, who the fuck leaves home without their wallet just incase something happens?

• if it was I, i would pay, but out of respect, you should bring money and offer to pay half

• Depends on a guy really. I often pickup the bill, unless a girl insists of paying her half even truth I asked her 3 times if she is sure.

Outside of that being prepared never hurts, so bring money along.

• bring money to be on the safe side so that way you are at least covered.

It does not hurt to be prepared at least :)

• You should bring.

• Bring money and show him that you're a women, willing to pay half.

• bring some cash or card just in case.

• Bring money just in case.

• Bring money in case he wants to split it. It's pretty stupid to presume that he'll pay.

• whats with this fucked up mindset? why should men pay?

• Bring money and pay for what you bought since you can contribute equally.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 14

• You always bring money to be safe as times are different now. Unless he very specifically said: "I want to buy you dinner" you bring your wallet. Even if he is going to pay it's common curtousy to at least offer to pay your own way.

• Possibly. Always bring enough money to pay for yourself on a date just in case. Offer to pay your half and if he insists on paying for the whole date, let him.

• Just bring money!

• Possibly but I think you should take money and at least offer to pay half anyway.

• bring money with you and tell him you'll pay as well

• You should always bring money just in case.

• bring money , but he will pay ,, on venezuela always the guy pay or in my case 50/50 i dont like when the guy pay the 100% of the dinner

• He will pay

• If he asked you out, he will probably pay. But I suggest bringing money just in case.

• You never know best idea is to bring some money just to be safe.

• yes you should

• Bring money just in case! If he pays for it, great! But if he plans on splitting it, make sure you have your money to do so lol

• Bring money just in case

• He might invite you, but from my experience, they might invite you and then don't pay for you, I always bring my own money to dates just in case, but I am a student and unemployed atm, so I kinda panick a bit everytime I'm invited for dinner, and the worse thing is that guys tend to think it is nice to surprise me with the place, so they never tell me where we are going so I never know how much to take, I remember this one time this one guy took me to a very expensive place and I didn't have enough for my part, it was quite embarrassing, though he offered to pay what I was missing, so now if I'm invited for dinner I normally turn it down or offer another plan, I kinda miss the times when guys used to pay for everything, but believe me if I was employed I wouldn't mind paying for my part all the time.