Teasing - how much is too much?

So I've been dating this guy for about three months and he teases me all. the. time. it didn't start out that way, I knew him for about three months before we started dating, and the more comfortable he became with me the most the teasing grew. He kind of has a sarcastic personality and he does it to his friends too sometimes but I definitely get it the worst, he claims the more he likes you the more you get teased, and while I'm usually cool with it and laugh it off (and even give it back sometimes), I'm starting to wonder if this is an immaturity issue or if it's a subtle form of disrespect. Now nothing he ever says is ever really mean, at least it's not like he's criticized me for anything I'm self-conscious about. One time, for example, he acted like he was going to throw a balled up napkin in my tea, so I bunched up one and threw it at him and then covered my cup with my hand so he couldn't toss it in the cup. But then he acted like he was going to aim for my face instead. I gave him a look and he said "I'm just waiting for you to open your mouth, which knowing you won't be long", I dropped my mouth in awe and he immediately laughed and I called him an a-hole while kinda laughing back. He teases me about being a chatterbox, which admittedly I am, and I know it, but I've never called him out for teasing me about it either. Should I, or is this type of teasing harmless? It's not like my feelings have been hurt by anything he's said, it's just that it's starting to get a little old...

What Guys Said 1

• Teasing is a fine art dear

What Girls Said 1

• If I were in your position and I had a thing for him, I'd simply tease him back. I believe he probably likes you.