$200? Red Flag?

My boyfriend (who I've only been dating for a few weeks) has professed that he is not in a position to spend lots of money on me, which is fine. I value spending time with him. He's sweet, and genuinely, really likes me, and spending time with me. Although everyone (even his friends) say I'm way out of his league. I really like him too, so I don't care about that. A few days later he gave a female friend $200 for her birthday. He's only known this female friend for less than a year and they've never met in person. He hasn't given me anything yet... even for my birthday. Red flag? Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not a red flag, but it's really something you should think about. I mean that can be hurtful because he is willing to spend money on his female friend whom he knows only for a while.

It's possible he is growing a bit distant from you. You should have a discussion with him on this one.

Most Helpful Girl

• Thats a lot of money to spend on a friends bday...

What Guys Said 1

• Check out if he ever got anything from that girl before.. I would get interested and observe. If more red flags later, confront him.

What Girls Said 2

• he fuck her.

• 200 on just a friend? Thats a red flag in my book.