Do nerdy guys consider intellectual interest more highly or a caring personality?

I dated this nerdy guy for a few months and eventually it didn't work out between us because he said we lacked intellectual interest.. He was into science, technology, and politics while I was more interested in nature and different cultures.. I don't consider myself too smart but I do consider myself knowledgeable.. I'm a very nice/caring girl and pretty darn attractive but this guy couldn't see past our lack of common interest.. Are most nerds like that? Cause I like nerdy guys but I lost some self esteem after dating this guy.

Most Helpful Guy

• Some do. But it's not that he was calling you stupid. Just different tastes. An astro physicist will want to spend all day talking about the theoretical dimensions within a blackhole while a botanist will want to talk about creating a controllable form of the zombie fungus.

Most Helpful Girl

• It really depends. Not all nerdy guys are the same way.

What Guys Said 5

• Eh. His loss.
    If he's looking into dating someone who's into exactly the same thing and has exactly the same attitude , what's he saying is
    "I'd do me"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9am7P9pWo8

He's just one of those people who boxes himself in instead of using the opportunity to branch out in life.

His loss. Don't fret over it.

• They're more likely to be into intellectual girls but certainly not all of them (the scientists much more than the engineers). I think he was a bit too picky since you do seem intellectually curious (which is, quite frankly, rare, especially at your age) and the two of you could easily have found common ground where "different cultures" and "politics" mix.

• I'd go out with you. lol

I like a lot of things, but I don't care if I have common interests necessarily, but that the person I am with is an interesting person and has an interesting life and personality. I don't know anything about physics, but I've crushed on a girl who was all about astronomy and physics. That's interesting to me, even though I am really completely lost on those things.

• His loss.
    I play games and develop software but I wouldn't dump a girl because she couldn't keep up with that.

• It depends on the guy honestly. My wife and i are both nerdy/intellectual, but our interests differ greatly. For me it adds to the spice of life, and i find that i gain interests that i never had before.

What Girls Said 0