What bothers people about seeing interracial couples?

It's not something that I c a problem with, but I do wonder why it gets other people so upset?

Most Helpful Girl

• From what people have had the nerve to say to me as for reasoning behind why they disapprove of my boyfriend being Asian, so I guess our relationship being interracial (I hate labeling it like that but...)-
    -my kids won't be blue eyed/blonde haired
    -my Polish culture will be 'lost'
    -likewise with my religion
    -cultural differences

so yeah. Basically, no reason other than these judgmental pricks having a stick up their ass, cutting off circulation to their sense of logic and reason.

• hmmm, so basically FEAR of losing ones culture, FEAR the kids won't look like them, and FEAR of losing ones religion...
      Interesting. From your perspective, why do you think they fear losing these things and why would they want your kids to have blonde hair and blue eyes?

• yeah, those are the reasons I've been told by others, at least.

They'd want my kids to have blond hair and blue eyes for the same reason that most races want reproduction to be within their own- mixing is not 100% kindly looked upon just yet. There is still a lot of racism and cultural/racial prejudice.

• True, true and true!!
      Thank u for your help!!

Most Helpful Guy

• Narrow minded people get upset that others are "stealing their women" or "stealing their men".

What Girls Said 10

• Only racist people get upset.

I just see two people blending their cultures together, I think that's a beautiful thing.

• These are some of the reasons I can think of

- some people are racist
    - others believe that interracial couples are "destroying" their cultures
    - some are jealous
    - some men/women think that people from other races are "stealing" women/men of their race
    - some people don't like to see other people happy.

• Well it does not bother me at all, but some people beleive in racial purity.

The concept of racial purity was developed by Arthur de Gobineau, who argued that race created culture and that race-mixing leads to chaos. Race purity was also apart of the Nazi's ideology.

• They're just not tolerant. there's nothing wrong with interracial couples

• My boyfriend is white and I'm black, and it seems to be weird to everyone, but not because of the race itself, but more because of who is black and who is white. It's like as long as the girl is white and the guy is black, that's ok and normal, but for me to be black and my boyfriend to be white seems to freak people out. They aren't against it, though, but they do think it's a little odd and I have no idea why.

• Nothing!

• Because those people have a "stick to your own kind" mentality.

• When I go on youtube and see interracial couples broadcasting their interracial relationships and flaunting their biracial babies it makes me sad. Interracial relationships are just like any other relationships and they make it seem so taboo.

• how exactly are interracial couples sharing they're families on YouTube making themselves seem "so taboo" the fact that you single them out but don't seem to have a problem with fully white, black, or Asian families on youtube is obvious that you're feeling sad over it is just you being racist.

• you're being racist. you just don't want to admit it. oh well.

• @thewanderingme think what you want... i don't care not!!! not in the mood to get into an internet broil.

• It does not bother me, because I'm in one right now.
    But whats funny is that it still amazes me seeing other IR couples

• Ikr? What's wrong with interracial dating?
    If it wasn't for interracial couples, my grandmother, aunt and a number of my cousins wouldn't have existed...

What Guys Said 9

• Does it bother people? I haven't noticed it. I would have an issue with the fetishizing of a race, ie they go after that group purely because they are members of that group and irrelevenat to who they are as people, but beyond that I don't care and I would imagine most wouldn't.

• its only a problem for people who aren't good with women/men. They see it as you taking "one of their own" out of their dating pool

• Nothing bothers me about interracial couples.

• Derp derp people should only date and have sex with people who have the same skin color derp derp.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...421b8c7266.jpg

• It is your opinion, but could u help some of us understand WHY u see things this way? and do u feel the same way about the animal kingdom, e. g a brown cow shouldn't procreate with a white cow or a grey dog shouldn't be with a black dog?

• o snap, for a second I was hoping I would get some information from the other POV , sad to say but for this questions purpose I was kind of hoping u were racist ha

• Nah I'd date anyone I like regardless of skin color.

• No problem with it, personally.

• It might have to do with how they were raised, and religious beliefs. I agree though, I see nothing wrong with it.

• Nothing, its dumb to let something like that bother people.

• Nothing, nothing at all.

• I couldn't care less.

I don't know of anyone that gets upset by seeing interracial couples