This guy invited me to a large lunch at his house with his friends... But we haven't met yet, safe to go? Or not smart?

So I'm 21; he's 27. He recently moved here from another country. His native language is Spanish. We matched on tinder (I know I know it has a bad rep but I haven't had bad player experiences... It really depends on the person). He deleted his account after we started talking and he gave me his number. We set a date for this coming Saturday. He asked me to brunch and to walk, but then today he said there was a change of plans and his friends are having a large get together and he asked if I would like to go to that instead, then walk around afterwards. I agreed to.. They are all natives of other countries and will all be speaking Spanish. I know some Spanish but I'm not fluent. I stated I'd like to meet him someplace shortly before and he said of course and said a place we could meet. He seems really nice; I've stalked his Instagram and he's a real dude and has many many photos and seems to be the same person as he acts to me.

Should I go for it or is it a bad first date?

You guys are right. I'm a smart girl and if I am questioning this then it must not be right. I am going to tell him that I would actually prefer to meet in a public place the first time or few times even. Maybe we could meet up after he sees his friends for coffee or a walk. He should comply right? (If he is genuine)

Most Helpful Guy

• Meet him first at a very crowded and very public place - like a coffee house.

He very well could be lying to you that you two would be surrounded by people, just to imply to your unsubconscious that you would be safe there. So, when you would get there - thinking you would be safe because of the extra people, you would then walk into an completely empty house where he would, once again, lie and say something like "Oh, no. Sadly none of my friends could make it. But hey - you are here, so let's party, take drugs, have sex and then I'll cook you in my oven and cannibalize you"

... but hey, I could be wrong and I sincerely hope so

• I would never take drugs with a stranger. Or drink. I've never been drunk and don't see myself doing that now. Buuut he could put something in the food or water if he is not a good person.

Most Helpful Girl

• im not understanding why people dont go out on dates anymore. like in PUBLIC PLACES! it is not wise to go over to a strangers house, regardless of what language he speaks. tell this guy that he needs to take you on a proper date like to dinner, movies, etc. if he is not willing to do that then he shouldn't get to see you.

• Movies are a terrible first date. We will be meeting at a cage initially but then go to his house

• it is not smart to go over to a guy's house if you dont know him. hopefully you won't be one of the girls who have to learn the hard way

• We met in public at a parade... He's a really safe cool guy.

What Guys Said 1

• If I were you I would reject that and propose going out for a drink just the two of you any other day. I mean, if you really want to meet him!

• What if I proposed we go out after he sees his friends?

What Girls Said 4

• Erm, if you have not met this person, I would not go. It would be safer to met this person before going to their house. If you feel the need that you have to go, bring a friend!

• I would meet him in public for a bit prior to going

• You have never met this guy in person? I would meet some where public or go with a freind even. Never some where private with supposedly a bunch of his friends at a private place. Bad idea I wouldn't go.

• I won't be. I'm going to suggest something else in public.

• you have heard of sex trafficking, no?

• Hmm,, I would stick to somewhere public for the first date. I don't know, something odd about this.

• Well we would initially but then go to his house

• Yeah I don't feel comfortable with it anymore...

• There are many psychos and creeps in this world. Please stay safe with new people!