How would you react if a good friend asked you out?

I'm specifically asking girls. If you had a close-ish male friend, who you've known for over a year, but you didn't really know/think that he liked you, how would you react if he suddenly came out and said he did?
Or what if he just asked you on a date?
Have any of you experienced this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd be in a little bit of a shock especially if I didn't like him in that way and I never saw this coming. It'd be better to go out together more (kinda like dates but not as formal as a date) and just vibe together and see how things work out like that. It might be easier for me to find some kind of romantic attraction to my friend if I hadn't before.

Most Helpful Guy

• How would I react?

I'll politely refuse her ( female friend that is if it happens)

What Girls Said 6

• I would laugh!

• Most of my guy friends I'd be flattered and surprised but would politely turn them down. There were two maybe three that I would have said yes to, because I either found them attractive or had a crush on them.

• Dn how many guy friends do you have then?
      And are you not friends with every crush you've had?

• No I'm not always friends with every crush I've ever had. First couple years of Uni I had 6 guy friends and had a crush on one of them for a little bit at first, but that went away and then another one of the 6 for like a year. Right now I have 4 guy friends, not as close as the others had been, and I find them all objectively attractive. I had an actual crush on one at first, the second I think is really cute and kind of have a crush, the third I find extremely attractive but we're not close and there are parts of his personality and values that I could never stomach, and fourth dude we're just friends. I think he's cute but I don't want anything more than friends.

• I would be super flattered but if I don't feel the same I would just straight up tell them that I want to remain friends. They deserve to find someone who feels the same and I don't like leading people on.

• Yes, I take it as a compliment. I don't get offended by probably won't say yes either. If I had like he would know

• I would give him a chance. If it blossomed into a romantic relationship then great, if not then at least we tried and we can move on.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 0