Is this cheating?

So my gay friend is in an LDR. His boyfriend went on a date with another guy (that he'd promised he'd take my friend on when they next saw each other) and the two of them posted pics all over Facebook. It was clearly a date... they announced it was and it was a fancy dinner just the two of them. My friend was upset obviously, but now his boyfriend is saying it wasn't cheating and he told my friend, "You just don't want me to have friends, etc" So now my friend is really upset and is mad at himself for "overreacting" and being jealous because this ass of a guy told him he was the one who was wrong

My friend isn't listening to me and he keeps insisting he's the problem, not his boyfriend. Although his boyfriend is posting self pity statuses on Facebook and announcing what a "jerk" my friend is. My friend is super sweet and loyal and I think his boyfriend is taking advantage of that. I don't know if it's because he's like my brother and I'm just being overprotective but I seriously wanna go give this guy a good punch in the nose. He seems to be implying that it's not cheating because there was no sex. But in my opinion cheating doesn't have to involve sex.

So so do you think this is cheating or am I the one who took this the wrong way here?

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, you are right. It's cheating, so what if he didn't have sex, but he still went on a date with someone else despite being in a relationship already, so that's cheating.

• when people start listing what's required for it to be determined cheating..

they're cheating

What Girls Said 1

• It is not cheating, especially if the date was not romantic. People are allowed to have friends of the same or the opposite gender.