When to end it?

I've been dating my current girlfriend for about six months. I like her a lot and all, but the conclusion I've come to is the relationship has an expiration date. At the end of the summer, I'm moving across the country for graduate school, and I know I can't do a long distance relationship.

The problem is my girlfriend is really good friends with one of my other friends, and I don't know what's going to happen in terms of friend group dynamics when we end it. Should I end it now knowing it isn't going anywhere, or should I ride it out into the summer?

Most Helpful Girl

• I honestly wouldn't worry about your groups dynamic. That shouldn't stop you from breaking up with her

• Thanks for the opinion. I did end up ending it with her and it was the right answer.

What Girls Said 1

• If you think it's not going anywhere, end it now before you get even more intimate with each other.

What Guys Said 2

• Oh man that's a tough spot you're in...

If it was me I'd simply talk to her about it. Perhaps she feels the same way and you both might want to just ride it out until the end of summer?

I think talking about it together beats you using her all summer then bumming her out with a last minute pump and dump. I'd feel super guilty if I was dating someone I wasn't really into, or if I could tell it wasn't going to last.

Being super honest about how you feel seems like the gentleman move.

:D

~ Robby

• I think it's best that you should have a discussion about this with your girlfriend. Communication is important in relationships