Long hair on guys?

What do girls think about guys with long hair? Is it attractive? I've been growing my hair out and it's almost to my shoulders. What are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• I like long hair! lol

Most Helpful Guy

• My hair goes a bit past my shoulders. I think it makes my face look better than short hair would and I have broad shoulders and chest so it doesn't make me look like a girl. But having long hair as a guy is a calculated risk, it really polarizes girls. A lot of girls simply don't like it, I think they're a majority, no matter how clean and well-kept your hair is. But a sizeable minority absolutely loves it and you'll often be surprised to find out who they are: it certainly isn't just alternative/rock/metal girls, it could just as well be that preppy girl at work or the girl next door who secretly want their man to look like a viking ;-)

• So to summarize: for a majority of girls it's a no-no, but for a sizeable minority it's a huge turn on and makes you stand out in a positive way, which helps when first meeting a girl like that while guys with short hair have no such advantage with girls who prefer short hair because those girls sort of expect everyone to have short hair. In any case you certainly won't make a boring-run-of-the-mill-guy first impression.

What Girls Said 20

• Long hair on men is beautiful! My boyfriend wears his down to the middle of his back and says he won't cut it, even though he says he gets a lot of shit from his buddies and other guys who have these stereotypes about long haired guys being wusses. He has cut it off before when his father was diagnosed with cancer and donated it to Locks of love organization but, he says that he probably won't do it again because I love him the way he is.

• I love it!
    It highly depends on how well it's taken care of, the haircut and whether or not it suits the face though, but generally I feel sad that not more men wear their hair long!

• It's extremely attractive.

• Not really a fan, but I suppose it depends on the person. Like

danila kozlovsky

40.media.tumblr.com/.../...obhW6L1sqo0ceo3_500.png

cdn2.teen.com/.../danila-kozlovsky-facts-main.jpg

Though his hair isn't very long.. Wouldn't recommend it for him. But someone else? Sure.

• Some can pull this off

• 1|0
    • Man, i wish mine was that long. I still have a while to go. Plus it'll probably never look like that anyway cuz mines too wavy. Le sigh

• Yeah, you're probably right lol

• Depends on the dude because some can pull it off good and others look hotter with short hair.

• I like it. you should update your pic to show how it is now

• Depends on the guy. Some can pull it off, and some can't.

• IT'S AMAZING ALL GUYS SHOULD GROW THEIR MANE OUT

• I like it.

• don't like it

• I'd say it depends on the guy, but most of the time... YUMS!! ;)

• some people can pull it off some can't

• It's not my style at all

• meh idgaf

• Some guys look cool with long hair.

• NOOOOOO! GROSS! TBH, I was actually talking to my friends at the school dance just a hour or so ago. We all thought it was gross. Even one of my friends said to me that they thought it looked like a guy was trying to imitate girl by growing out their hair!

• Not my type and it is a turn off for me

• I literally just posted a question about hair fetishism. Long hair is automatically plus 8 out of 10

What Guys Said 11

• When me and my first wife went through our final seporation I decided to grow my hair out knowing she hated it long. That was about 6 month before our divorce became final , by this time my hair is well past my shoulders. Four months beyond that ( all in all 10+ months) I could reach behind my back and pull my own hair. I met the woman I am married to now who loved my hair. She took it on her self to care for it as I had grown weary of dealing with its length and increasing time consumption to care for. She kept it braided most of the time. 18 more years later and age and Gravity has thinned it quite a bit and it just doesn't grow as quickly as it did some two centuries ago , so it stays about shoulder length now. My lady was really cool wth my hair being long but I don't know that this would be the norm

• Don' t do it. Girls online will tell you its attractive but that's bs. In reality, only metal chicks will find you attractive (and not the cool kind of metal chicks). Most people generally (male or female) will have a lot of prejudice. I had long hair for about 3 years. I was also bald and I had short hair and trust me, people I don't know had the worst reactions when I had long hair, even though it looked good on me.

• Long hair on guys?

That's very very rare and no it's not attractive

• Well, that I don't know and I don't care. I'm trying to grow my hair out too, just because I feel like it, even though I know that it's going to take well over six months to get it to my shoulders.

But my best answer is that most of the long-haired men who attract women tend to be musicians or artists.

• I had long hair and I am a musician and an artist and I never attracted any women. So the last part is bs

• Don't. Here's why... first off if you see a international poll or some data almost no one likes men with long hair. Second off long hair just isn't in style at this time, you're just asking for name calling (not that I would). Finally how many times have you seen a guy with their girlfriend with long hair? not many right... that's obviously a sign. Good luck with whatever you do, and choose whatever you feel is best... but I just think it;s a bad idea.

• I have it, and like it a lot.

A decent percent of women seem to like it, though IRL I tend to attract the most attention from goth or junkie kind of girls, who tend to have some... problems, to say the least.

• Girls in my school were mad at me for getting a haircut 2 weeks ago. :P

• Sure man go for it, girls will be attached to you :p

• it makes them poofs..

no, it's normal. fuck gender roles.

• My mom never let me grow it long! I always had it short

• Handsome.