Guys, what do you look for in a girl? Personality and looks?

What do teenage guys look for in girls? I'm gonna be 17 soon and I haven't had a boyfriend before or my first kiss or anything. I'm just bored/curious and maybe this can help me out

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Piety, strong and shared principles, self respect (Yes, enough not to have sex and see to basic hygiene), shared political views, gentleness and kindness, the ability to take serious matters seriously, realistic expectations. But hey, all my friends tell me I'm an old man in an 18 year old's body, so what the Hell do I know? Probably nothing about women since I've never had a girlfriend.

Really, I wouldn't worry about it if there's nobody worth dating, besides, chances are that you'll be off to college and never see your HS boyfriend again, dating in High School has been more a learning experience for my friends who have dated than anything else. Don't lower your standards just to get your foot in the dating world's door, but do be reasonable.

What Guys Said 12

• Teenage guys are looking to lose their virginty, to anything or anyone. Now men are looking for completely different things. And trust me, your time to shine will be your college years, that's where things get fun and passionate. Teenage relations are awkward and usually superficial, so just have fun and don't take your relationship too seriously at your age. I'm not saying sleep around, I'm just saying don't let them get dramatic, they should be fun and easygoing. Just remember most guys are just as, if not more, nervous about this than you are.

• I like it when she can be free spirited and smile like an idiot when i'm doing something stupid. I dont mind when she teases me, or is not afraid to punch me when i'm acting like a coward. Also its awesome when my SO is not staring at her chest or feels the need to adjust her self continually cause its awkward as her movements make the guy feel awkward having his attention drawn to her boobs. Especially if she said she is uncomfortable with her physical appearance.

• Looks attract.
    Personality makes a guy stay.
    If she looks like dynamite but a potato personality.
    The guy ain't even gonna stay for coffee.
    Dynamite looks and TNT personality , now he's gonna stay for coffee, ask for desert , help wash the dishes , fix your ceiling fan , take you out for dinner , *censored* , make you breakfast , *fast forward 2 years* , take you to paris , and propose to you ON THE EIFFEL FUCKING TOWER.

• A vagina... and, in this day and age with transgenders everywhere, it's more important than ever.

• Feminine, confident, slender/petite with nice tits & ass, flat stomach, long feminine hair

• A pretty knock out artist female with a heart of gold a warrior Princess, that will back me always

• Bit of both, but a good personality is normally what draws me in. What's really key is that a bad personality ruins it more than equally bad looks, at least for me anyway. Most of the guys I talk to agree with this.

And my last two cents: not every guy/girl will like the same personality. It works like friendships work; not everyone can be friends with everyone.

• at your age.. mainly looks.

and who your friends are

• I'm a sucker for short (er) hair and freckles. But if I'm not able to connect mentally with a girl it's an instant no go. Without personality there's just a husk; a shell, while pretty, not worth sticking around for in the end. in my opinion.

• Always and I mean always Personality, Smartness (and I mean B or A student), and Facial/physical appearance.

• I was about the mind

• Teenage years I'd just go for the looks