Should I tell my boyfriend that I see myself being his wife in the future?

I'm 17 and my boyfriend is 19. We have been dating for almost 3 weeks and he is everything I ever wanted in a guy. I want him to know that he is very special to me and I see a future with him. But I don't want to scare him away or make him think that I'm an overly-obsessive, psycho girlfriend. I just want to express my true feelings and be completely honest.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 40

• i think after 3 weeks it's a little soon but i think it's certainly fair to tell him how strong your feelings are and how you see the potential for a really great long term relationship

basically saying it without saying it. saying you see yourself as a guy's wife after 3 weeks could scare some men away...

• Definitely tell him, 3 weeks is more than enough to truly understand what it means to be with someone for the rest of your life, especially at 17 :) totally.

• Well you might as well just say he is a father, I think he would just run in either case.. most guys in my view do not know even what they want from a women.. except sex... and most do not want any kind of relationship that tells them this is what I think may happen.. but give it a try if you think that is best, take care

• I'd say thats too much and will get him thinking about committment, responsibility, etc... and it freak him. but you know him better. 3 weeks... um no... express your affection in other appropriate ways, cards notes, don't be over the top.

• Not a good idea. 3 weeks is too early to know he's the one.

• 3 weeks is a little soon to be feeling that I think, but not uncommon for your age. If you really feel that way, tell him, you''ll feel better. BUT it could scare him off and he might leave... so your choice.

• Not yet, 3 weeks is nothing. Wait a little more.

• Wait at least 6 months.

• You really don't know that yet. When I was 19 my girl was younger and we made all kind of plans.. We were together for almost 5years we were young and I loved her very much... While in the process of her growing up she found someone else and she married the guy... So just enjoy each other as much as it is possible but don't scare him off.. And remember you may change your mind in the future...

• I definitely wouldn't tell him that. Only a psycho says they want to marry you one day after 3 weeks of dating

• i would suggest you to not, because the chances are that he's gonna freak out very much. and gets scared.

• not yet he must fall for you first before you tell him, iam usually agaisnt girls playing games but in your situation wait a little more.

• You've been together for three weeks. Trust me on this one. It takes being together for a year plus before you truly get to know someone. You shouldn't even be thinking about marriage at this point.

• Not yet. Try to be calm with him and don't get over enthusiastic, as that can run him off.

• Tell him you could see things getting serious or this relationship lasting cause you care deeply about him. Don't drop the marriage bomb in under a month of dating that's a bad idea!

• Wait a few month's before being honest.

• no, it is way to soon for that kind of talk and you would likely scare him off

• no... because that's a marriage that'll fail 50% of the time before you're 30

• No it hasn't been long enough your overreacting but on the other hand my grandparents got engaged after on week and they've been together for generations.

• Too soon, too young... but hey, why not? Might work...

• 3 weeks is still very early, you're still in the "honeymoon period"

• Tell him without being dumb

• lol

in about 10 years. when you're mentally mature and stable...

success rate for any marriages before 25 is very low... people aren't ready.

• Not 3 weeks into a relationship.

• Trust me you dont wanna scare him off, these things are usually said after at least 1 year.

• After 3 weeks... not a good idea. More like graduate from college and then date the guy for at least 2 years then say you see him as your wife. Stay in school kids

• Whoa, way to scare the shit out of him, lol. No, don't...

• hun your 17 give it more time and see

• Depending on what you know about him what do you think he'd say personally?

• More from Guys
    10

What Girls Said 27

• yeah... that's really not a good idea. Three weeks is way to short to talk about that stuff. You can mention what you want for your future but saying this sounds way too heavy.

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It's way too early, you're way too young, and you run the risk of freaking him out. Give it a few YEARS before talking about marriage.

• " We have been dating for almost 3 weeks"

You don't.

• I would wait until you've been together for at least (AT LEAST) a few months before you start talking about the future too much. Three weeks is nothing. It's great that you feel happy with him and like how things are going, but you don't truly know each other yet or understand what commitment will mean for the two of you. You are still in the very beginning stages of your relationship. Be patient.

• Not after 3 weeks, that may just freak him out, I finally told my boyfriend I felt that way after 2 years and he didn't really comment on it. He told me he loved me on the first date so he wasn't allowed to freak out when I told him that, lol. But I would wait longer, maybe 6 months. I know it's a long time but you can show him how you feel and how much you love him without telling him you see yourself being his wife.

• I wouldn't advise that

Even when it is the guy saying it to the girl, it can still freak us out :/

• Wth you've only been together for 3 weeks you need to chill or you gonna scare him away real quick!

• I understand what you are saying, but it's not a good idea especially since it's been 3 weeks, it sucks but he will think badly about you and freak out. So it's best to wait.

• Nope, 3 weeks isn't long at all. He probably will see that as a crazy sign.

• Definitely not!!!

• ..: well, you're more certain than I was at three weeks. I've been dating a guy for over a year now and it's just gotten serious. I couldn't imagine wanting to marry a guy at three weeks

• Wait a month or so and if you still feel the same tell him. If you tell him now he may think you're odd!

• I wouldn't say that because it's only been 3 weeks. It might not scare him off but he could end up hunting you are weird or something

• say that. and you'll be single

• 3 weeks in is probably a little soon to mention that haha

• Well nearly 3 weeks is quite early, I wouldn't directly say ''I want to have your babies'' but maybe something like ''I hope you're my last first kiss'' or ''I hope you'll be in my future'' or something subtle like that

• Honestly, you saying that will probably freak him out. Considering both of your ages, that seems quite early to say something like that and be received well.

• Yeah u should & he will not run away if he truly luvs u & in luv u both should be free to share each oder's feelings. my boyfriend says it himself dat he wants me only as his wife & i feel very happy wenever he says dat

• After 3 weeks? Lol no

• You'll scare him away if you do.

Perhaps think about telling him in twelve months time.

• You're 17 and you've been dating for 3 weeks and want to marry his guy?

• absolutely not

• no no no no no nope wayyyy too soon

• Not yet, it's too early to tell him that

• No, it's too soon.

• I think it's too soon, at least the wife part.

• Don't do it. It's only been 3 weeks. You will scare him off.