How do I tell my guy friend all I want to be is just friends?

My really good guy friend thinks that there is something between us. I've done nothing to lead him on or make him think I like him or anything. Also he had a fling with my good girlfriend and she still likes him. And even if she hadn't I don't think about him that way. Anyway, he said that he wants something to happen between us and so we are going for coffee soon to talk about it. How do I tell him that I just want to be friends without saying something that hinders our friendship?

What Guys Said 2

• Well, I suggest you just tell him. I mean, it's really easy to talk yourself out of it in the name of hurting their feelings, but it's not going to get any easier. The more you think about it, the harder it's going to be. Try to be blunt about what you have to say, but don't be rude.

And if he really likes you as much as you think, he won't be offended. If he really likes you, he'll want to spend time with you however he can. Otherwise, he's not as good a friend as you originally thought. ;-)

• Be like, I want us to just be friends, I don't want to extend past that point because I don't want to hurt you. (Not physical harm, love.)

What Girls Said 0