Very stressful week... would I be horrible for postponing a date?

I've been so swamped at work and I've been trying to convince myself that I'm ready for this first date this evening, but I'm beyond exhausted and stressed.

Id rather meet him for the first time when I am myself like I usually am, not when I'm wound up and stressed.

If I explained this and asked him to postpone to next week, would that be horrible? He knows I've been working late and stressed. Is it rude of me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe give the option to him and see what his response is?
    Let him know it's been a rough week and while you're willing to stick to the date if he wants, that you're stressed and tired and it might be more relaxing and enjoyable to reschedule. This way he knows you're not blowing him off (since he could say "lets stick with our original plan anyway"), but he's probably more likely to want to meet you when you're relaxed and in a better mood.

Or maybe just change your plans from a formal dinner date (or whatever your plan is) to meeting up for a beer or two to unwind and let him know you're tired so you don't want to be out late so it'll be a short and casual date, and postpone the more formal date for when you're in better shape?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should go! It may relieve some stress to get away from your problems for a few hours

What Guys Said 2

• Flaking out in all but the most extreme cases is always frowned upon. That doesn't make you a horrible person. It just means you're unreliable.

And if you actually did go on the date in your current state, you'll probably learn far more about the match. It sounds like a time saver to me- stress test your compatibility.

• You maybe stressed but maybe you will have fun and it would be better to go out and enjoy yourselves...

What Girls Said 0