Exactly what is the point in having "game"?

I know I may sound like a broken record on this but I dont know if my ASD plays a role on this.

anyways I never understood the concept of having game such as using cheesy ass pick up lines, etc when approaching a woman you are interested on. like seriously, whatever happened to just going up to the woman you like and try to start a normal human conversation with her and if she likes you back then take off from there on and if she doesn't like you then move on to the next one?

oh well again guys what is the purpose of having game? and girls why do you find pick up lines and all these other bullshit flattering?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they might think that you're approaching as just a friend. "The game" is basically a face you put on when approaching a person you're romantically/sexually interested in.

• lmao I dont know why but that sounds so pathetic to me.

I mean obviously dont you want to hit on someone as a friend first then level up to the romantically/sexually level? also I think hitting on someone for the first time ever and putting that "romantically/sexually" right at the starts sounds pretty creepy

• No, it's not creepy, it's how it's supposed to be done. Life is short and there's a lot of competition and things can change very fast. If you a like a girl in a romantic/sexual level, why wait? Put everything on the table so it is known that you like this girl more then a friend. Because if you wait to get to know her better and come off as a friend, she might not like you back and meet someone else the next day and before you know it it's been 5 years and she's married to the dude. It's like a job application. The company won't know your skills or that you are interested in working for them unless you fill in the application and apply. For example, if I'm sitting with like 7 people I just met and I like one of them more then I like the others, I'm gonna put up my "game" for that person. Meaning I'm gonna act a bit differently around him so I can show my interest. That so called "game" is actually flirting.

• in my opinion, if there's chemistry, start from there. Chemistry is a thick line and it can easily go away, so grab it from the start. You can get to know each other from there, from dating. If it doesn't work, breakup and that's it. From my experience, if I feel some kind of chemistry with a guy and he's not making any moves, I'm gonna lose that chemistry. So when he comes months later telling me how he was just trying to get to know me better until he jumped into dating me, it's too late I don't feel the chemistry anymore.

Most Helpful Guy

• The point of having "game" is to be able to make girls #Swoon over the words that are coming out of your mouth. Since they fall in love with what they #hear while we as guys fall in love with what we see or whatever.

So if you're smooth on your feet when it comes to talking to women or should I say "able to keep the convo going/____ interested in you", your chances of landing the girl goes up 2x when compared to you not having game.

Also, yo have to take this into account, the more game that ___ has = the more chances of him getting laid. But in order to get "game", he'd have had to have played in the field quite a bit, right? Which is a turn on to most girls. Since they like an EXP man.

#TLDR is used for #HornDogs to fuck bitches via smooth talking them i1127.photobucket.com/.../...anting-like-a-dog.gif hahahahahah

• I dont do the cheesy pickup lines nor compliments when it comes to women. Naw I talk to them like normal people and let the venom run its course LOL. Cuz if she finds me physically attractive with my "random always laughing/joking around personality" she'll catch feelings.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think having "game" is actually a big thing now? If you think someone is cute just try to have a conversation with them and I think many girls would actually prefer that because trying to pick up a random girl with a cheesy pick up line might creep her out!

• Game doesn't necessarily equate to pick up lines. It could just be being particularly charming, funny, playful, impressive, or enjoyable. I don't know any girl who finds pick up lines flattering.

• I was just using pick up lines as an example.

but oh well usually when I hear people talking about having "game" I do hear a lot of things including the once you've mentioned. but oh well I am not any of those things with people I meet for the first time in my life. but if I try to I am just gonna come off as a super hypocrite loser trying to make an image which is something I'm not good and dont wish I would either

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 3

• Having a game is very important. To give you a background, I don't think I'm that good looking, but I have been approached by many girls in the past. How many girls have I dated? Zero. To be fair I'm very picky, but I have had a girl I was interested in asked for my number who decided to not go out with me because I say the wrong thing over texts. I came off too strong and it scared her off.

So yes having a game is very important, but what more important is finding a girl who won't judge a book by its cover. Just because I come across too strong doesn't mean I'm desperate, it just means I don't know what I'm doing.

• exactly! but having game doesn't automatically mean you are doing the right thing it could also may make you come off as a hypocrite who is trying too damn hard to show off

• To me, "game" is the social skill of talking to women in a more-than-friends way.

I'm like you, I'm not into preset lines either, and I get dates, sex and relationships.

• If you using pick up lines, you don't have game. You have to have game. Attraction is a skill. The better you are at it, the more you can command your love life.