My girlfriend won't allow me to be friends with my ex girlfriend?

I miss my ex and started to text her. We started texting a lot. When my girlfriend saw my texts, she yelled at me. how do i get her to calm down?

Most Helpful Girl

• Missing a ex isn't normal.

Your girlfriend has every right to be worried.

What Girls Said 4

• If you miss your ex, you want her in your life. I can see how your current girlfriend would feel threatened because she doesn't fill that void. I don't think there's a need to stay friends with an ex, but maybe you just like the familiarity? Is there a particular reason you want her in your life? Is she part of your friend group maybe?

• If you miss your ex, you shouldn't be with your current girlfriend. Your girlfriend being mad is justified.

• Was she rightt to yell at me?

• Well if you're still trying to get I touch with your ex, maybe you should rethink your current relationship. Honestly when I am a going through a breakup, I delete any and all pictures of the two of us, delete his number, and completely cut ties with him.

• Despite what a lot of people here are saying, I think you can be friends with an ex and have a platonic relationship with them. One of ex's is one of my best friends in the whole world. We didn't get there straight a away but I wouldn't forget about him because someone told me to! If you still have romantic feelings for your ex, don't go down that road, if you just want to be friends, you need to show your girlfriend she can trust you.

What Guys Said 0