Why do some black women seem to have a problem seeing me (white blonde thin) with my tall handsome jamacian man?

On a regular basis when i am walking hand-in-hand with him black girls will laugh at us or come up and hit on him in front of me.
He is a gentleman so just brushes it off.
A couple of his jamacian female friends have made it clear they have a problem with us dating bc im white.

We are happy and we have fun together. Just wondering really why some people think it is so bad.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hi, mulatto here. I saw much of this in the black community growing up and to tell you the truth I don't know why they do it. Never have I experienced more blatant racism and hatred for my skin tone than from my black sisters. If I were to guess I'd say it's because it's been passed down for generations from the time when open racism and discrimination were not only acceptable but encouraged. So racism grew and was encouraged on both sides be it white or black. Black women feel as if their men are being "taken" or "unfairly stolen" from them when a white woman dates a black man because that was probably what they were taught to believe growing up. That white women were just swooping in and taking the men they loved and raised in their community that was discriminated against for generations right from under them. Obviously that's not the case but I'm just telling you what I've seen and heard. It happened to my white mother and it's happened to me. Often I'll get "Ew why you like them white boys?" or "Oh you have yellow fever?" (they'll never say anything about him being Mexican though) even though I don't care about race I just so happen to be dating a man that is Irish, Korean, and German. It's a long, arduously argumented, and complicated issue but that's the basic run down of it. I hope I helped.

• I really apreciate your reaponse.
      It does make sense, even though its not right. It helped a lot.
      I've never been made to feel so hated and so unwelcome in my life, so instantly judged.
      I do now after reading your response have more empathy than anger towards these women.

You go girl ❤️❤️

Love is love.

Thanks again!!

What Guys Said 5

• Racism with a mix of the green eyed monster.

• Don't bother with them, focus on your relationship

• If your in the US its the racial difference issue.

• Trust me, no one cares

• tell them to bang a white guy and get over it

What Girls Said 3

• The same reason that if you were in a majority white area, white guys would be giving y'all the same looks

If you are in an interracial relationship you are gonna have to deal with the other race's counter parts throwing shade. it is what it is.

• I think you know why

• Are you in Canada?

• Ya we are in Canada he is a perm resident