Do long distance relationships work?

My boyfriend will be leaving the city for further studies. He loves me yeah. But I've seen a few friends in LDRs. And they have fights almost everyday. Insecurity being the major issue. Is it always this way? Or can things work out? Tbh I am a bit possessive. Not much but yeah a lil😏

Most Helpful Girl

• If yr relationship can't survive a LDR phase, then yr relationship isn't actually a relationship.
    In fact, I'd recommend that EVERY relationship go through a LDR phase... for all sorts of reasons. Here are a few of the most important.

1) A LDR ensures that both of you have independent existences -- something that's as often overlooked as it is important.

2) A LDR tests the mettle of yr relationship MINUS the sexual attraction part. This is MORE important if the sexual attraction itself is blinding hot -- because, in that case, it's often impossible NOT to be blinded by lust when yr partner is nearby.

3) A LDR teaches you some delayed gratification. LOL
    Seriously, it really puts yr value of commitment to the test. If you can't "hold out" until the next time you see yr partner... then, is yr commitment really a commitment?

4) You can make more intelligently planned decisions about living arrangements and so on, since no one's being thrown into cohabiting right away.
    Also, if at least one of the two people has to make a big move for you to be together, then, you'll be versed in making these big life decisions BEFORE it's time to think about marriage, buying a house, having children, etc. (Lots of couples don't have to think about things like moving until that point... and then things just kinda explode in their faces.)

My husband and I were LDR for 14 months, starting the day after we met -- and that worked out wonderfully, in every possible way. ❤️
    Would recommend to friends.

What Guys Said 5

• Yeah they can but the success of a long distance relationship depends entirely upon the two people in them.

Source: Been in a couple of em.

• They can as long as you are meeting up a few times a month at least, make sure to have sex and do romantic things when you are together and try out something new here and there too. video text each other that's pretty fun

• In my experience, no.

• It depends on partners. It's about you guys.

• In my experience, no.

What Girls Said 5

• only if they are like me!

• eeeehhhh meehhhh... slim chances but if u want it bad enough, it'll work.

• Only if both sides are willing to truly make it work, which is rare.

• It's hard. Depends on trust and what kind of person are you. If you two are e. g. devoted to faith, Jesus Christ, you would know he wouldn't do anything but love you and wait for you. But if you are party animals, craving for attention etc. I think as soon as the one problem appears for the second time, break it off. It's gonna happen again.

• If there's a will, there is a way. No but, LDR are a lot about trust. I was in one for almost 3 years, we sure didn't fight every week or anything. We Skyped and texted everyday almost. So it's possible to do, if you both are willing