Why am I ignored by guys in real life but on dating sites I get so much attention?

I don't get it. In real life no guys approach me or hit on me or talk to me. All they do is stare. On dating sites I get so many messages and compliments from guys. To be fair most girls do. I'm told i'm good looking or hot by every guy that messages me, they don't believe me when I say I never get hit on but it's true. It doesn't make sense.

Most Helpful Guy

• Online dating sites are a medium designated for meeting obviously. We know you're on the site because of interest in meeting someone A lot of guys don't want to approach women during their dail routine. They don't know if you're looking for someone, if you're in a relationship, if you're busy and don't want to offend you or for you to feel uncomfortable. Think about why you don't approach men in public. Men's reasons are probably generally pretty similar.

• For me personally, I find the idea perplexing to have interest in someone enough completely based on their looks to asked them out.

Most Helpful Girl

• because online guys have a lot of confidence there sorrounding are in a place that safe like their room! Its like most people who live a normal life and all they do...

What Guys Said 8

• That's because in this day of age, most men are to insecure or inexperienced to ask a girl out in person. It's much easier to hide behind a keyboard and write messages to someone without having to see their reactions on their face. A lot of people are missing out on how to interact face to face nowadays, do not take it personal.

Have you tried hitting on anyone in person? I imagine if you did, you would see different results.

• the internet is about anonymity. some guys who are interested and the best fit for u won't respond because they're too shy. what i wanna stress to girls is, if u find a guy who you enjoy company with, u guys talk and get along... ask him out. shy guys need some motivation too.

• It's easier, especially nowadays with the internet everywhere, for some guys to text vs talk And like you said online dating sites are notorious for 1 chick getting like 400 messages from a guy.

• welcome to my world...

online, you are seen by more people and it's easier for guys to make a move. it's also possible that you give off a different vibe irl

• Woman do the same thing to me. I think it's because those guys feel safer online than they do telling you in person. If you are good looking then those guys feel they are not good enough for you.

• It may be about having less desirable charachters in the life. I mean perhaps you have a sluttish attitude and guys don't like it in real life. Thry may not find you trustworthy.

• Guys online are usually thirsty af. And if you're hot most guys are intimidated by you.

• Picture?

What Girls Said 2

• I'm the same way, men are only interested in me online, I find it weird! I now have a boyfriend, but he's online.

• Because people online are not that scared of rejection. People in real life are easily intimidated.