Why would he ask when I am available to hang out but not follow through with initiating?

I met this guy recently and he said he would like to hang out and asked a few times when I'm free. I told him the days I can, and he either won't follow through or won't do anything about it, it's like he is all talk. Why would someone do this? There is not much I could say to him about it either, I just don't want to waste my time

What Guys Said 1

• He probably has confidence and self-esteem issues, so he is nervous to meet up.

What Girls Said 1

• This happend to me too. I figured out it could me: a) confidence boosting. You saying yes to meet up= you find him attractive and he gets the upper hand (you're waiting for him). B) he is Just insecure and/or wants you to show more initiative. C) he doesn't really mean it, Sees it as a friendly guesture/small talk. And maybe he means It, but other more interesting things came up