Is it okay to not want to online date in the future?

I'm asking for your opinions because it almost seems like 70% of the world's population uses online dating. I just woke up from a dream about this guy I met online. This is what actually happend in real life, I was doing a language exchange and what put me off at first was that the guy had a picture of a little African girl which I think is weird now because that someone else's kid. The guy spoke Mandarin and I was interested in learning about the culture at the time. When he asked for my age, I told him and he responded with "good"*druling emoji face" this guy was also about 19. And it also seemed that he had a thing for black women but not in a good way.
That still creeps me out today and of course I get the infamous sexual lines from guys that I meet online which is way more then the one I'm friends with in real life. On top of that, in middle school I was sexually harrassed by a guy that I thought was my friend. So I go straight to cutting off when a guy that I am not dating asks for sexual favors or behaves in a perverted way. This has been happening since I've started using technology which is about 11 years old. I know that in a way it's 'normal' online but it shouldn't be and is my exact reason to fear it. Nothing makes me more sick then a guy who demands or thinks that I will act a certain way just because he wants it. It makes me feel trapped. I'm more comfortable with dating guys in real life but the cons I'm trying to bring up are that, they more then likely already date online, some people are so used to dating online that it can come off as weird to do a simple approach, it will take time since their personality isn't just out there on their profile and because of that it will also take time in weeding out all the non compatible ones

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't date online. I think it is becoming harder to date in person because of online dating but I still think the majority of people look for relationships in person. It's just harder for a lot of people in their teens and 20s especially girls since so many people just use tinder but I think after awhile when the age groups get older and mature they'll use tinder less.

You're also 16 if you plan on going to uni you'll have way more chances to meet guys to date than you do now.

• I really don't like tinder because it's commonly known for hookups and my mother uses it. I wish things were different, anything can happen online. I just got finished watching this video about 11-14 year old girls trying to meet up with this guy who pretended to be 15. It's nice to see that I'm not the only one who feels the same about this :/

• Online dating is especially dangerous for underage girls. The dangerous monsters out in the world specifically go after them so yeah stay off at least until you're an adult. In school join clubs. If there are sport leagues in your cities you can join do things like that or just any community groups you can join for fun is a way you can meet guys. Just things to consider in the future if you continue to have bad luck.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 8

• You made a lot of valid points young Lady. I don't think I would ever be comfortable with looking for a woman on line either. As you stated. How can you know their personallity by what they typed in a profile. When I read the posts that I'm in love with someone LD that they have never met all I can do is shake my head. I just don't believe it exists. Maybe they are in love with the idea of that person based solely on what they have been told / read , but the vast majority aren't being totally honest on the net. So in essence they love a phantom

• There's nothing wrong with meeting someone online but I wouldn't do dating websites or apps, that's were the more freakish and or desperate people go. And I don't blame you for not wanting to do it, I think for all of us, face to face being with actual human beings is always the best way to go about things.

But I don't think you should close yourself off to meeting people online either I know I don't as I've met many wonderful women just randomly online on forums and even here yet I've never once ever gone to a dating website at all.

But you do what you think is best for you, just remember there are a lot of creeps in real life to, the only difference is they have fake personalities and do a lot more damage.

• I would not date online unless I knew the person.. and I do not mean by her profile they can be made up by any guy.. a lot of people on the net are not ever who they say they are and they just want to say things to make them sound better to others.. at least in real life I know that it is a women I am seeing and talking with

• There are creeps in real life too. Yeah, some guys online of hide behind fake profiles. Some guys in real life hide behind fake personalities. Think of online dating as just another to meet someone for the first time. It's no substitute for getting to know someone before you make yourself vulnerable.

• I don't online date. I used tinder for literally just 1 week lol. I mean when you meet people you can determine if they are your type very quickly.

• I'm going to be honest here, and no offense to people who do it, but to me, online dating is absolutely pathetic. I'd never do it.

• is meeting someone from online (let's say this place) considered "online dating?" if something develops

• If by 'dating online' you mean 'having virtual partners', that's something many people have no interest in.

If by 'dating online' you mean 'using online tools to meet potential real life dates', i think that's going to continue to grow more and more, and as it does so, i think tolerance for real life asking women out is going down.

What Girls Said 6

• yes I am one of those people!

• I think it's perfectly okay. Dating really needs you to like the medium and if you don't it's not gonna work for you

• online is just not for me. if i can't meet you in real life it just won't happen haha

• "And it also seemed that he had a thing for black women but not in a good way." yea stay away from guys like that, if he makes that a focal point then ur better off avoiding him. stick with real life dating

• Nothing wrong with that & everything you said is totally valid. I'm actually the same way... I enjoy dating more when I meet them in person.

• Nothing wrong