Have you experienced racism in the dating field?

This could be online or offline, overt or subtle. You could be the victim or the oppressor. I'm just interested in hearing your experiences.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yea, I've dated interracially for basically all of my relationships save two from when I was much younger (so didn't really count honestly, it was like middle school and we held hands sometimes).

I get it less from my peers and friends. Less so when I'm dating a white guy, but when I'm with a black guy I definitely get looks from both elder Asian folk and black people in general, whether it's approval or disdain. My parents are also hugely against it, my mom seems to think it's a phase, and she struggles to see past the skin color.

• are they actually mean/dirty looks though? because it's pretty normal for people to take notice of something different. that doesn't mean they're being racist

• @thewanderingme sometimes, yes. Noticeably so.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know. I'm a white man and went on a date with a black woman a while ago. While she didn't respond to me after our first date, that doesn't mean she is racist. And we met via online. So, she knew what I looked like and vice versa before our first date. I'm certainly not the oppressor because I liked her and I thought she liked me. Apparently not.

• Thank you very much for MHGO.

What Girls Said 5

• personally no. actually being white and being attracted to any other 'race' but mine, i tend to end up letting things go by because i want to make sure im but in some way accidentally acting 'racist' is pretty messed up. it gets complicated if im not sure if the guy is being sexist lolol bc at that point itd be really important to have a clear view of whats going on and not be accommodating because, somewhere else there's a racist person who might have rated harshly. i dont think any guy I've known whatever his race has ever worried half as much about not inadvertently being sexist, as i have worried about inadvertently being racist.

even dont have any 'yeah people are or should be treated with respect and dignity regardless of skin 'but'.. thats bullshit.

• I'm not sure if it's racist but whenever I'm in Asia I get those Asian guys that are kinda obsessed with white girls, it's the worst in Japan but then I've only been I Japan, China and Korea and japan most often so maybe that's just why I feel like it's mostly there - don't get me wrong, I'm not against dating Asians, hell I already did, but I hate being fetishised.

• no. interestingly enough, several guys who claimed to not normally be into black women have tried to date me. some have tried to just hookup, but many tried to make me their girlfriends.

• I mean my boyfriend and I get the comments about our races (I. e. "Oh look, a chink and a cracker" or "hey sweetheart, looks like you got Asian fever")

People are really immature 😐

• Yes I have

What Guys Said 4

• Well... I personally haven't experienced any racism in dating, but due to so many internet posts and sites claiming that men of my race (I'm Indian) are not preferred by women at all, I don't feel comfortable approaching or talking to women.

• It is not racist to be attracted only to your own kind and to refuse to miscegenate.
    You should look up what the word means.

• They're probably not human if they don't find other races attractive.

• Surprise surprise you're from Australia lol.

• @aficionado
      Facts are facts. Open your eyes to reality.
      Take the red pill, listen to infowars. com to learn about the global elite.

• Never. I do acknowledge I've benefited from 'White Privelege'

• hmm. I only date white girls, so is that racism? Opressing black or latino women by not fucking them?