Is a movie as a first date getting old?

I want to ask this girl out, but I'm not sure where to go/what to do. Going to a movie is fine by me, but I get this feeling that its just... old and cliche. I kinda get the feeling she would think the same thing.

What do you girls think? Where do you like to go on a first date?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think movie dates are still good and "safe" for a lot of girls. I know that's where I enjoy first dates, with dinner after. (Or before, so you can talk more) I like them because they're public and can be romantic if you make it so. I went to a movie with a guy I'd known for awhile and the quiet way he sort of played with my fingers while keeping his eyes on the movie screen was cute. But that was because I'd known him for awhile. It might be creepy if you don't know her too well!

Then there's the boys who never ask you out and just ask you to come over to their apartment and have beer. Romantic. So between that and a "cliched" movie date, I'll take the movie!

What Girls Said 3

• I like the classic movie and dinner date. After the movie you go out to eat and you have the movie at least to talk about and it's not as awkward.

• Ohh I kinda forgot about the dinner part, haha. That might be a good idea...

• movies aren't great first dates because you can't talk to one another.

• The reason that movies are such a cliche date is because they're fun! :)

What Guys Said 2

• I agree with ixi10. 1st dates are for talking and getting to know the girl. So I think lunch, dinner or coffee is a perfect 1st date. When you two just go to the movies then you don't get to talk much. Like the other girl said you could go see a movie then have dinner. I would prefer going to the movies on a later date and its a scary movie. AVOID MOVIES YOU KNOW WILL HAVE SEX SCENES IN THEM. This could make it very akward for both of you. And don't take her to a bro flick (action movie, sci fi, raunchy comedies) because she could get bored or she won't take you seriously. But don't let her drag you in to the next gay ass Twilight movie either, instead make a compromise to see something you both would like. Good luck.

• i think it depends on what you do in the movie...i don't mean that sexully but movie ediquite