The girl I like was just dumped, how soon can I ask her out?

We've talked about possibly dating before, but she had a boyfriend. He just dumped her via SnapChat (Lame, right?). So how soon would it be appropriate for me to ask her out? She is graduating college and moving home (about an hour away) in about 2-4 weeks and I'd like to go on a couple dates to see if there's anything there before she goes and we have to try to make a long-ish distance thing work.

Most Helpful Guy

• K this is what you do mate, talk to her and be accessible but don't get too involved with discussing her ex. Although she will, just avoid taking deeply about it, you don't want to be associated with that our friend zoned. Be flirty but not too aggressive, don't try to sext for example. Feel it out but I'd say 3-4 weeks (maybe even just 2 tho) say you've enjoyed talking with her blah blah would like to spend time with her and ask her out.

What Girls Said 2

• Give her a few weeks anyway before you ask her for anything. You don't want to end up being a rebound or someone she can use to try and make her ex jealous.

• Depends on how long they dated and how hard she took it. If she considered him to be the love of her life for example, then 2-4 weeks won't be enough.

What Guys Said 4

• hmm.. I don't know i never tried that before. I think 3-4 weeks sounds good. obviously it takes longer for her to heal, but sometimes you don't wanna wait too long cause some other guy might beat you to her.

• really? you call an hour away long distance? man, the only friends i have live in america. i live in holland. thats what i call long distance. but anyway, i think it's too soon. you can be there for her and show you're interested, but dont ask her on a date yet.

• Keep in contact with her, talk on the phone. Give her a month at least then ask her out or something.

• Just ask her with normal ways.