Do people kiss on the first date?

I met this man online & we been texting a lot everyday, we are planning to meet. I never been on a date before. Do people kiss on the first date?

I met this man online 8 days ago, he told me he loves me, I feel like I known him longer than 8 days, he is crazy about me too.
I do want to kiss him & he want to kiss me too.

Most Helpful Guy

• Some do some don't. It depends on the chemistry and if both parties are not nervous wrecks. Kiss him

Most Helpful Girl

• I know I made out during my first date with a guy but I did not met this guy online though it was through my cousin just one month before.

What Guys Said 6

• I would say it depend on if there was a ginuine apart by the time the night ends. If not maybe on the cheek and that way no one gets the feeling something is there if it's not

• I am not sure, maybe some people do.

• Yes, I think it is reasonably standard, but not always. If you don't want to kiss him but you want another date, make sure you let him know you enjoyed yourself and look forward to the next date!

• You should at least kiss on the first date. Else it'll feel like it's wasted. Well... if it went well and he was the kind of guy you wanted.

• Some do, some don't.
    I think it's best to wait until the second.

• If you're enjoying your time together and the atmosphere is nice the answer is yes. Otherwise it depends on each one..

What Girls Said 8

• Sometimes but I really don't like it. I've only ever had two guys do this. Both times against my wishes and resulting in me not wanting to see them again. Maybe if they wouldn't have pushed it I would have gone on a second date with them.

But first dates are really just to see how we get along f2f. I don't really get excited about a guy until the second date which usually ends with a kiss and is really more like our first official date.

• It all depends on how the date went and what your level of comfort is. Many people do, and some don't. Do whatever makes you comfortable, and have fun/good luck on the date!

• I met a guy online, spoke for 2 weeks, met in person and hung out for like 10 hours and he kissed me goodbye. So it can happen if the chemistry is there.

• sure we can try hahah!

• I have never kissed someone on the first date but yeah, kissing on the first date is a thing. Do it if you're comfortable (and obviously if your mate is comfortable)

• I kiss on a first date if it went well and I am really into them.

• if the date went well then of course or if the time feels right

• I don't