Are the amount of desperate guys on dating sites making girls think they're hotter than they are?

Is this making it more difficult for the average guy to find a girl?

Most Helpful Girl

• The only girls that let that shit go to their heads are ones who don't have a sense of self. Usually already not that attractive and are looking for validation. Most women have level heads and a solid self esteem.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think so.
    Also a factor is that hot guys are often willing to lower their standards and sleep with average looking girls as long as they get sex quickly with no strings attached. This leads the girl to think "oh this hot guy is agreeing to have sex with me that must mean I'm really hot too".

What Girls Said 2

• The only 'average' guys who have difficulty finding a girl are the ones who love to associate themselves as 'nice guys'. Basically guys who think they're the next Clark Kent because they posses basic human decency and love to bitch about it online.

So no, I haven't really encountered any sort of change as of late, in terms of how hot girls think they are in respect to reality.

• Hey, give some nice guys a break. I'm a nice guy and I have to deal with that problem, because some women want to date ignorant brick heads and then complain about it online. As a result we nice guys are left sad, cold, and alone.

• We do approach and speak to women. Or at least i do usually. It's the stereotypical things people say online that give nice guys problems when it comes to women. Am i arguing that the men you described are not at fault for their own loneliness? No not at all, but generalizing a whole group of people is pointless when there is a lage amount of deviance between the individuals. Nice guys aren't always the quiet ones in the corner. I try to approach women as often as possible around my university campus. So yes i can blame a woman if she picks the brick head over the guy that's actually trying to make a good impression.

• @ZeatZed are you saying that the 'brick heads' are at fault for being chosen over guys like yourself, then?

• no because those guys are desperate for a reason, and the girls can tell. Usually the reaction we have is "wow this guy is desperate" as opposed to "wow I must be so hot." Girls know. Especially if we're getting all that attention online but not in person.

• Would you define desperate based on his looks, or what he writes?

• @Sjdjdjdndnxx What he writes. I don't think how a guy looks can be called "desperate," if we're just talking about his natural looks. Although sometimes the pictures a guy chooses can look desperate.

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, probably. But, on the other hand, it's more than balanced out by the ever-continuing collapse of masculine charm.

• Of course they are. That same logic applies to real life as well.