I really like my boyfriend but sometimes he has bad breath, how can I address this?

I never dated a man with bad breath, so I do not know how to tell him. Like under which scenario. Our relationship is relatively young; 2 months old. I do not kiss him when he has bad breath, and he tends to ask why. It is not a stink odour like bad bad, it has a bit of an acidic unpleasant scent. It is most pronounce if he has been studying all day, or when he has exams. I want to tel him about it but I do not know how to do so without hurting his feelings. It is either I do or else we will have to break up.

Advice please?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just tell him. It's not that big of a deal. If you notice his bad breath appears during times of stress. The body produces less saliva and allows more bacteria to grow. Do a tad bit of research into ways to reduce bacteria throughout the day and recommend those things to him. Or if all else fails say "go brush your teeth, your stress is making your breath rank." It's nothing bad enough to worry about ending a relationship. Plus imagine how he would feel being dumped because of his breath.

Most Helpful Girl

• if he expects you to kiss him and have any type of sexual contact with him on a regular basis, then you should be able to tell him in a nice way. i think anything like that would hurt someones feelings but just say it gently

What Guys Said 7

• You will break up with him because of bad breath wow, he is lucky if he gets rid of such a person.
    Talk to him if it bothers you so much.

• "sorry, babe! You need some gum!"

• Just tell him "your breath stinks" and offer him a wintOgreen lifesaver

• I wouldn't be offended if a girl commented on my breath. I'd get up and go brush my teeth. Of course, you probably shouldn't say "Your breath is AWFUL." Maybe more something like... "Let's pop a mint first" or "When did you last brush your teeth? It matters to me." There isn't really a super kind way of doing it. But if he likes you, it won't be a big deal for him. (I can't speak for him of course)

• A slingshot full of breath mints

• , you have bad breath too!

• tell him the truth and he will fix it

What Girls Said 1

• Just be honest with him.