My girlfriend is black, but my parents don't like black people, what should I do?

So they know I've been seeing someone but I never mentioned she was black and they never asked. I've been nervous because they don't like black people unfortunately, how should I introduce her to them, or should I even do that?

Most Helpful Girl

• ... bring up Obama and be like... he's a good president... do you think being part black makes a difference? Ask why they don't like black people. If your parents have strong opinions and bad experiences... like my Dad... it's not going to be a piece of cake. One of my bffes are black... and I STILL didn't tell my Dad she was... :( But... maybe bring her around and say she is just your friend... until they chill out!

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok, your parents don't like black people so what are you going to do? . There are certain things you can do.

1. You can introduce them to your parents, no matter what happens.

2. You can just have your relationship and don't introduce them to your parents.

What Girls Said 5

• You should introduce her to them because I assume she would be an important person to you and in spite of your parent's ignorance I assume they're also important to you. Don't let them be the reason you break up. If you care about her stay with her and be happy. Maybe she could be what changes their perspective.

• I wouldn't just "lay it on the table" right on the spot. That's unfair for both your parents and your girlfriend

Tell your parents about your girlfriend. Say you'd like for them to meet her and just lay the ground rules. Acknowledge that you know that they don't like black people but that you like her and she's your girlfriend. Let them get used to it

• Learn to do you!

• never be afraid to show ur family who u love regardless of their race.

• Honestly racism is so out of date. Its 2016, your parents need to get over the fact that people have a different skin color than them. Sit em down and tell them how you feel. They can't control you forever, you ARE your own person. you're allowed to date who you want. Its 2016, lets end the racism.

What Guys Said 2

• You need to be sure that your parents do not hurt your gfs feelings before you introduce her to them. I'd give it a while to see how your relationship works out first. My girlfriend is black also, but I'm an old adult, so I don't really have to give a f* what anyone else thinks.

• I wouldn't even bother introducing them.