How do I tell my boyfriend that our relationship isn't meant to last?

I have a boyfriend and it has been a struggle in our relationship. He kept reaching out to his exes and he is stuck in his past. He has a felony. It has been a hard relationship and we broke up several times. It isn't always bad in the relationship but I feel like the bad has out weight the good. His mother likes me and she likes to keep in touch with me. My boyfriend went to his friend's wedding and I just don't see him ever treating as well as his friend treats his future bride so I blocked my boyfriend after a fight. I love him dearly but sometimes things from his past trigger me like for example I saw his ex now dating my friend's ex. So I got mad and told him how I hate that he lied to me that he isn't friend with ex and then reached out to her and added her to Facebook then we broke up. He started online dating and chatting with some girl and it was like no one wanted him so he came back and said he would treat me better and then he reach out this ex again! He also gets frustrated and take his anger out on me. I told him I had enough and that I didn't like being treated poorly and does he really think he is entitled to treat me badly? He has been apologizing and trying to compensating with gifts. I blocked my exes, his exes, and him on fb.

He begs and we sort of smooth over the situation and he wants me to go on a vacation with him to meet him dad. I haven't introduce him to my mother. He can't speak my language and he can't provide for me so I don't know what to do at this point in life. I don't know how to break it off. I know he loves me and he has been deleting his ex fb posts. I just don't know. Can someone give me direction?

What Guys Said 2

• Be upfront about it, but try to be polite as well.

• Give your best, if it is not good enough then move on. Read my takes, you will understand most of these things.

What Girls Said 1

• Set him down, be upfront and give him time to process and ask questions, be ready for anything