I feel uncomfortable introducing my boyfriend to my pretty/attractive girl friends?

I know I clearly have low self-confidence, I have always have. My boyfriend has met some of my friends but not all of them. Next week I'm having lunch with my friends and he is going to be there and I just feel worried that he's gonna be attracted to one of my girl friends because she is like so perfect, she's gorgeous, she's smart, and she's funny. I try to forget about it, but sometimes it just gets to me. How could I just stop feeling this way? My boyfriend and I have been together for 1 year and a half now. And I know he loves me and tells me that he only wants me but sometimes I still get a little insecure because I know there are plenty of girls who are so much better than me..

Thanks!!

Most Helpful Guy

• No matter what guy you are with, there will always be another girl he'll find attractive somewhere. Nothing can be done to change that. Same thing for you. You may love him and find him attractive, but there will always be another guy who you will find attractive. That does not mean you will want to cheat on him or that he will want to cheat on you. You need to be able to trust him and he you.

Most Helpful Girl

• First things first, because you think she's prettier or smarter does not make her better. You have plenty that you bring to the table, otherwise he wouldn't be with you. Remember that and never forget it.

In order to love someone you have to first love yourself. I suggest focusing on working out what it is you are insecure about and learn to recognize what triggers your insecurities. Find a mantra that resonates with you, I keep post-it on my mirrors for those times. My favorites being "you are beautiful enough. You are smart enough. What you have is enough. And what you do is enough," and "you are deserving and you are enough." Keep your mantras handy and when you begin to feel insecure, remind yourself that you are beautiful and enough. My boyfriend noticed them and randomly tells them to me which REALLY resonates. Still, men like confident women and he admires that I am growing in this area.

Lastly, if your beau of a year and a half easily dropped you for your friend... it was never going to work out anyway. I'd say it's more likely that your insecurities will spill into your relationship and you'd lose him that way. Try to simply accept that he loves you for wonderful you. Absorb his words and actions when he shows you love.

What Guys Said 1

• If your relationship is going to last, you can't keep your friends away forever, especially if they are a big part of your life. Trust me, if he loves you, you are the most beautiful girl in his world. That's all that matters.

What Girls Said 4

• You'll have to work on that insecurity, girl. There are millions of people out there attractive than ALL of us. We just gotta accept it. And we've gotta accept looks aren't everything. We can't attach our self worth to looks all the time. When a partner commits to you, it's not just based on looks. It's your whole package. You are uniquely you, you're a unique package that can't be replaced. Is he a good boyfriend to you? Then trust him to see all kinds of girls around him and still have eyes for you. Think about yourself... do you lose interest in him when you encounter more handsome or richer or more famous or more successful men? Probably not.

• Than don't do it.

• Trust me, if your boyfriend loves you then he won't even look at her like that. And if he does and he goes for her, wouldn't you rather know that now 1.5 years in, rather when you're 10 years in, married with children while he is out cheating? Think about that?

• Maybe your boyfriend thinks you're more gorgeous, smart, funny compared to her? Don't be uncomfortable. He fell in love with you for a reason.