Have you ever felt you've been single so long you should lower down your standards to zero just for the sake of not being single anymore?

I constantly do, but I've never been in a relationship in my whole life, so I could be a lost cause :D

• Yes, I am not attractive nor interesting, so I should.
  • No, I've never been single if not for my own choice / No, I'm a valuable person and I need a valuable person

Most Helpful Girl

• I have been single for a LONG time. I might be interested in maybe one or two guys in a year and date, but haven't had a relationship. There are not many people I like I guess but I cannot date someone just to date them. If I am not into a guy I cannot fake it. So, I will keep waiting and I am still hopeful after all this time that it will all be worth it. However, I am happy being single. Would it be nice to date someone? Sure. But I can wait, because like I said I cannot date just to date. But, I am fine until then, I don't have to worry about what someone is doing or not doing, when they will call, where they are at, making time for them, etc. It is much more peaceful.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I lost my hair young to TE and shave my head band but guess what? I still look good without hair and that's not blind confidence people often tell me that, I've been rejected a lot and turn down a lot of just okay girls because honestly I only need one in the end but if she's dumb or if she's not attractive physically (7 at least) I wouldn't date her. If I was the hunchback on notredam I wouldn't lower my standards and to me to be attractive a girl needs to be slender and have a very attractive face so yeah that does put them far up there but still.

I'd die alone before settling.

What Girls Said 19

• me being single means i have standards, and i have no desire to date until they're met at least to a reasonable level.

• Good for you ^^

• Women will usually date someone with a little extra weight also. Maybe when girls are younger looks matter more, because I have to say I for one am at the point to where I have to be attracted to someone based on MY preferences because everyones are different! But I have to make sure they are really good guys and personality always makes attraction stronger, or less strong depending. I feel it is the exact same for guys, they have their preferences too. I have a feeling that maybe your friends get more attention from women or you have had bad dating experiences that make you feel this way because you have yet to find someone you click with and have a mutual attraction for, but you will, just stop blaming women's shallowness for this.

• what she said

• No if I was single it's because of my own choice or I haven't found anyone I wanted to be in a relationship with.
    I don't think lowering your standards to 0 will really help. There's a reason you have these standards and that's because otherwise the relationship won't work. You need to be physically attracted to the person, you need chemistry, you need the other person to put energy into the relationship etc. Ofcourse there are some standards where you can be mild to, but you can't simply have no standards at all.

• I see your point, and I for most part agree. That's why I said "would", it is just a theoretical feeling.

• Exactly. You can't lack physical attraction completely or any click/common interests. Has to be a little bit of both.

• No. There's no way I'm gonna lower my stsndards, not even a little bit. A guy who doesn't reach my standards wouldn't make me entirely happy in the relationship anyway.

• nope I am single because I feel better that way.

• May I ask you why?

• I see, I think everyone is made out of each own experiences.

• hahah! (: Yup! I already made my choice single for life.

• I've been single way too long, but I'm definitely not lowering my standards. if anything, I've raised them

• No, apart from me feeling that just wouldn't be fair towards my partner I've also never been desperate enough for that, and there's been times I've been pretty desperate!

• Good for you ^^
      But I have to admit you don't look like you are someone who would find hard dating...

• It's not really about commitment but more about finding the right person but either way it's my choice.

• Yes, of course ^^

• Never. I can't force (or convince) myself to be attracted to someone I'm not just for the sake of being in a relationship.

• Sometimes. I don't know. Being single can be sad sometimes. But... I also like being able to do my own thing most of the time.

• No. I may not always like being single, but I don't just lower my standards to nothing when I am.

• I'm super picky, and I'm proud of that. I've only had 3 men in my life, but with all of 'em I've had long lasting relationships, and I've stayed friends with the 2 that are not my boyfriends anymore, because they were all 10 out of 10 in both appearance and personality :) I wouldn't even settle for a 9.5.

• No. A few friends used to say I set the bar too high & that I should give others a chance but then I found the right guy! He was definitely worth the wait. :)

• I'd rather fuck myself than lower my standards.

• Well, lower standards on its own is not a bad thing, in my opinion...

• I have in the past. But then I realized that I could do better. Just keep looking. I thought I'd be single forever, but eventually found the one.

• No, and i don't have any standards, if i like a boy then i will go out with him..
    If you will keep your standards really high and look for someone who matches that then you will be single for long time...

• Nono, my standards are already pretty low. Is women standards which are too high for me competing ahahahahaha!

• Nono, I'm not saying that girls standards are high, I was just joking about myself :D

• Okey what ever :D:D

• I have standards I don't settle

• Honestly I've never been single for more than a week since I was 13...

• I haven't been single that long and even if, I'm never lowering my standards.

• I have no standards.

• Of course I 'be thought about it but it's not a good idea. Nothing good ever comings from that

What Guys Said 14

• I actually started off lower and raised the standard each time. I think that's a better way of doing it - rather than aiming for the stars and either remaining single all your life, or dropping the bar too low and becoming desperate. However there are some girls out there who would call you a 'slut' or a 'player' for this approach

• I see your point, but I've actually never aimed for stars... I couldn't live with someone on a level way much higher than mine, I would feel uncomfortable like that.

• Even without aiming for the best, the chances are you're still too high. So many guys think that NO girls want them, when it is simply not true. I get looks, smiles from girls every day, but they are certainly not 10's.

All I'm saying is that I think it's better to start low and work your way up while you still have time as a relatively young person. Look how people who have a 'normal' dating life do it - they have several partners befoptre marrying 'the one'. Almost nobody finds their perfect match (or highest standard) first time.

• Trust me, that's not the case at all :D Not everyone can manage to experiment relationship in their life, some of us are simply undatable. I'm not implying I'm one nor that I'm not, I'm just saying that when you get constantly rejected, even from some girls a lot below average (and I'm not talking about look only), you may feel like there are chances you should just give up. Not saying that I will. It's just a feeling.

• Been single my whole life. As a brown colored Indian guy, I've realized that my chances are none with girls or almost none without either being tall (I'm 5'8), rich (not rich here), and buff (not buff either). And that includes chances with girls of any race. Even Indian girls since they would rather stay single and wait for the richest guy to be married to arranged by their or their parents choice than date an Indian guy who isn't either tall, rich, or buff. Girls are very shallow. Much more shallow than guys.

• Anyways I wouldn't drop my standards. It's not like I've ever been really shallow or picky anyways. I like what I like.

• "Girls are very shallow. Much more shallow than guys."
      Assuming that's true:
      If they could afford to be, they would

• @mikemx55 Many fit good looking guys can afford to be shallow yet a lot drop down their standards to even date chubby girls. Hence BBW. There's no such as BBM now, is there? My point is girls are more shallow than guys by choice.

• I have been single my whole life but I would never lower my standards. Either I'm with a girl I like or I stay alone.

• Nah bro, I've dated or been in horrible relationships for simply lowering my standards. reason is because I never fully believed myself to be attractive enough to pull women on my league or out of it. so in my opinion no, don't lower your standards you will soon regret It.

• I actually have no standards, except that I prefer to date vegetarian/vegan women. That probably my only criteria. I have been single for over 5 years now. My race puts me at a severe disadvantage (men of my race are supposedly the least attractive to women all over the the world), and I am not really I'm not really inclined to put in loads of extra efforts to 'woo' a girl just because I happen to belong to an undesirable race of men.

• Dude... I've single my whole life, 5 years are not that big of a deal.

• Any specific reason why you have been single? Do girls always turn you down, or are you scared to approach?

• Let's say both things. I'm quite scared to approach in a not friendly way, but when I do, the results are tremendous ahahahah!

• Fuck that, being alone means more pizza.

• Never settle.

• I'd rather be single for the rest of my life rather than settle for someone. I work hard in life, so I don't have to settle.

• No, your mindset is simply pathetic.

• It is also nice to listen to a different point of view ^^ Thank you for sharing!

• Kinda... when I was younger and insecure. Luckily I found out I didn't have to do this when girls did start to show interest in me. Now I sometimes feel my standards have become too high (I love intellectual girls but they're so freaking hard to find) and the thing is, when you have to lower your standards (the standards you have to get those butterflies, not practical things like wealth, etc...) it doesn't feel like there's a difference between lowering your standards a little and lowering them all the way to zero.

• I'm in the same boat as you man. I mean I'm not a virgin but I've never had a serious relationship and trust me I've dated just for the sake of dating and it is a WASTE of time. Trust me.

Why date someone when you don't see it going anywhere? All that'll do is make the other person attached and it does nothing for you. It's a sign of desperation. I'm guilty of this but dating someone just so you have a date, does not make you happier. Any time I'd done that, I'd have absolutely no excitement when seeing them. Sure they were nice people, but I felt nothing beyond that.

• Good for you ^^ I'm not virgin either, but not because of dates, but for something that I did out of weakness in the past, sadly.

• something out of weakness?

• Yes. Those are called prostitutes.

• Which standards, how low?

And are we talking for dating, or for something more casual?

• No, I'm talking for dating, I'm not into casual things. And as I said, "Lower to zero".

• I prefer being single actually.

• Really? That's a first one! May I ask you why?

• He's not alone. It's better to wait for something you like then just take someone for the sake of not being single. That's just desperate.

Think about it this way. It's like you're looking for a job. Would you rather take a job that is shitty and doesn't pay well just to have a job or would you rather wait until you find something that actually pays?

• @bloodmountain1990 I would actually say the first one. Even finding an unpaid internship job is hard as fuck in Italy in this very moment :D