Why do I lose interest in girls just before I ask them out?

I don't get it. I'll go from being super into a girl, but then I somehow don't feel as strongly for her. This seems to happen every time when I'm about to ask someone out. Does this ever happen to you?

I still want to ask this girl out, but I just don't feel as interested or excited. Just like night and day. I have been pretty stressed out lately and I haven't seen her for a while too. Could that be it or what?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am not a guy but from our point of view it happens a lot. Girls tend to not be as interested at first and then it grows, guys tend to be interested a lot then it goes away. Sucks for us. But, I do know a lot of guys that put girls on the back burner when other stuff is going on in their lives, so maybe that is it, you just aren't thinking about that now. Also, is it the chase you are attracted to? By the time you ask them out do you know they are interested so the chase is over? If so, eventually you will meet someone you do not lose interest for no matter what. They will do the exact right things for you to stay interested in them. But, I feel this is common.

• I have been stressed out lately. The funny thing is that this has happened a time or two before with this exact girl. Shame on me for not asking her out a LONG time ago, like when we first met :-(

• Oh gotcha. So now you know her better and it isn't like you just met and so excited about her still? Also, if you haven't seem them in awhile that doesn't help. If there is not much established between me and someone else and I don't see them, it is so easy to lose that excitement and momentum. At the same time and I know, guys and girls differ on this, if you really like her I would think you would want to ask her out no matter what is going on and you would have asked her out by now.

What Girls Said 2

• You sound like you're more into the fantasy of the chick than the reality of it. So if you ask her out that would destroy the fantasy of being with them.

• Because you like the chase and you like playing games

• I know it might seem like that, but I promise it's not true. Women have played games with me and hurt me before. I don't want to do that to anyone.

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe you get to know them better and you decide they ain't all that.